Broken parcel shelf

mark7

Reaction score
Hi all. Since i picked my A3 3 door up last week i've had a anoying rattle from the rear, had a good look today and its the parcel shelf! The piece that holds if fixed into position has broken on one side, hoping that it may be in the boot somewhere or in the tyre well but no luck!
Anyone else had this happen? if so any clever ideas? or just a case of biting it and buying a new shelf??

very common thing that is i valet cars for a used car dealership and 8 out of 10 are broken dont know how to bodge it tho soz dude

when this happened to mine i drove to the main dealer and got them to fit a new one with the understorage netting thing, all for free! Audi know they suck! its the crap glue they use to hold the arm thingies on....:shrug:

Both mine were missing.

Managed to find a replacement parcel shelf with a visor for £25

I kept messaging breakers of A3's on eBay til I found one.

Well least it not just mine i suppose :blow:

Is there a fix for this? one of mine is missing and sometimes the parcel shelf catches when closing the boot, it can be annoying. Can you buy the little leg bits that were originally glued on?

If you can find the hinge bits then glue them back on with a glue gun. Which side is missing!

Same problem with mine too :( I'm looking for a replacement parcel shelf as the sun visor is broke too.

Same here shelf and visor are pooped, previous owner has already glued one side on with no great results by the look of things.

I believe the hinge/clips and the visors come as seperate parts from the parcel shelf. Contact your local Audi dealer and talk to the spare parts department. determine the part no. and search for it on eBay and away you go!

mine was same when i bought the car, hinge was hanging off, looks like someone had also glued it at some point. fixed it back on with chemical metal and its been solid ever since!!

Resurrecting an old thread as no point me making a new one. My car came with a missing parcel shelf hinge. eBay and Amazon not looking good and not really happy to pay £50 for a second hand parcel shelf of eBay. Does anyone have any for A3 8P 2005 3 door?
Thanks