3.2 tyre question

TQS

Reaction score
I managed to get a blimmin screw embedded in the outer tyre wall on the nsf wheel a few weeks ago and it's been losing pressure slowly so i know i need to get it replaced.

The car has Michelin Primacy all round on around 6mm tread - the problem is that apparently they are last year's tread pattern so there aren't many around - i've been offered a Michelin Pilot Sport 3 which apparently is an improvement on what i have but i'm not convinced that i should have a different tyre fitted to those which are already on

Firstly is it worth waiting to source the same tyre as the others and have that fitted and secondly will it affect the 4WD running etc if i have 3 tyres on 6mm and a new one on around 8mm?

Any suggestions most welcome!

You should really keep them paired on the axle, have you searched the bay for a primacy ? must be one somewhere.
what size are yours ?

Thanks for the reply - they're 225/45/17 Y rated

I was told by three different tyre fitters that +/- 2mm on the same axle is fine, although they were all trying to sell me a trye
I'm thinking that it's not as if i'm racing it round a track although i do 30 miles a day motorway driving but i can handle a slight steering wheel wobble if that's what the knock on effect is - is the difference on the same axle a big issue or should i try and keep the same tread pattern as a priority - i'm not really up for changing two tyres at £150 a pop

From my understanding you only need to have matching tyres on the same axle as the haldex system can cope with different read depths so that doesn't matter. I think the +/- 2mm is for the torson quattro models