Uprated dip and main beam bulbs?

basssound

Reaction score
So in conjunction with the thread about the £12 LED side light bulbs i'm after some uprated dip and
main beam bulbs to match the brilliant white side lights.

Whats the general word around here on bulbs, PIAA, Osram or Phillips?!?!

Heard HID's blow the wiper ECU due to a shared earth connection?

Heard HID's blow the wiper ECU due to a shared earth connection?

Not if you fit OEM ones. And of course don't forget the auto-levelling gear and the headlamp washers which are all a legal requirement and soon to be part of the MOT as far as I'm aware.

I am also extremely interested in this. Any chance of making this a sticky for reccomended bulb upgrades??.
links and reccomended suppliers perhaps, after all £50 for bulbs you want to get the right ones. :)

Phillips Xtreme Power 80% didn't look right when I had LED sidelights fitted, they were too yellow, in the end I got rid of the sidelights.

You need something much whiter than these.

I also found Philips Xtreme power to be too yellow and not much brighter than what had been in my car originally. Have just fitted Osram Nightbreaker plus and they are still pretty yellow but a good bit brighter than standard and Philips. Think I'm going to get some pricey PIAA ones and shift the Osrams to the main beams since they hardly get used (plus yellowish light is better for fog etc).

Personally run Osram nightbreaker plus and can't fault them (Got them on dipped, main and fogs with the freebie white sidelight bulbs that came with them) best price I found was on amazon

Personally run Osram nightbreaker plus and can't fault them (Got them on dipped, main and fogs with the freebie white sidelight bulbs that came with them) best price I found was on amazon

Same here.

Very good bulbs, nice white light.
I bought them on Amazon for about £16 each.
There should be a bulb sticky I think, this has been covered a couple of times and all ways comes to the same conclusions.
Osram Nightbreakers Plus are great if you are not going HID.
I'll try and find my pics of my nightbreakers.

Not if you fit OEM ones. And of course don't forget the auto-levelling gear and the headlamp washers which are all a legal requirement and soon to be part of the MOT as far as I'm aware.
I think this comes in to play in 2012.