S3 Help Needed in South Wales!!!!!

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in need of come help to reconnect my passenger side window button and sort out the loose connection on the Bose Speaker on the same side!

Thanks in advance!

Its really just to take the door panels off so if anybody knows how to do that or can tell me, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

I can take the door panel off for you? Let me know when your free could do it monday
Cheers mate!
Im free all day tomorrow and was meant to be going to Scotland on monday but I could delay!
I just need to sort out the loose connection on the passenger window switch and bose wire!

That guide was good the problem is you need a special tool to take of door cards which I dont have! Damn it! I just need to check the wiring on the passenger switch and Bose speaker.

You dont need a special tool to take the door card off. I just took the tweeter cover off and the switch surround off, remove the torq screws and the one off the base of the door. Then I removed the speaker grill and used that as a point to pull on, then with that corner loose I put my finger between the card and the door itself and ease the card away from the door. once there all unclipped then lift the card staight up and it will come away from where the window opening. (Forgot to say at the start I found it best to have the window open from the start). With the door card off , unhook the door handle cable, then unclip the electrical connection and its free. Job done.
Sort out your problems and do the reverse to put it back together.

But how do you take the switch surround off? I dont wannt put too much preassure on and then break it.

Gently slide the edde of a small screw driver between the edge of the switch surround closest to you and the door handle itself, itll pop up pretty easily, if your worried about marking the door then put some cloth under the screwdrivers leverage point.

Oh wait you have a 3 door not a sportback? if its a 3 door then the guide linked to above shows you how to do it but you still dont need any special tools.

Gently slide the edde of a small screw driver between the edge of the switch surround closest to you and the door handle itself, itll pop up pretty easily, if your worried about marking the door then put some cloth under the screwdrivers leverage point.
I tried that and the plastic just snapped! Great, now I have to find a new switch surround!

You dont even have to touch the speaker grill/surround & tbh not advisable, just unbolt the 2-3 torx bolts & pop it of from the corners with some slow force so it pops the lugs, then as per woody states lift upwards, you cant get to the connectors/looms without removing the door card & if you have to replace the switch then you have to remove the armrest aswell iirc to get to that switch area & trims to remove, dont attempt from topside as you will, as already discovered, break something.

I tried to get a replacement part today for the part I broke, but Audi dont even know the part code for it!!!!

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Last edited:
That parts bolted in place mate, no way that comes of without removing card & undoing from inside, also looks like you need a new switch, I may have the switch available soon if interested, not sure I have the trim, although I could get a new one posted to you.