Found A Good Use For My Old Astra Owners Club Membership Card, lol

Paullie

Banana Menace!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys/girls, today I thought I'd have a go at fitting my TT Mk2 air vents, but as a few guys who've done this job already had complained of breaking finger nails in the process, I figured out how I could do it with not a broken nail or sore finger in sight. I took my Astra Owners Club membership card that I no longer had any use for and I simply stuck the edge of it between the rim of the vent ring and the dash and working my way right round the whole thing, I was able to gently prise the old S3 vent out of place. (I took the pic after I had already fitted my TT vents, but it was just to show how I did it as a member had asked me to take a pic of how I removed the old ones). Any old bank card that you don't use anymore would do the trick perfectly.

AudiS3pics186.jpg

It took me less than 5 minutes to do all four of them and I have to say I absolutely love how they look in the cabin.

AudiS3pics189.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Paulie x

Reactions: Kelza
Cheers Dude! You'll have yours fitted by Tuesday evening, lol. :)

Paulie x

I prefer them to the standard S3 ones as well. Nice set up in there mate, DSG too :wub:

Cheers Buddy. It's my first car with DSG and love it to bits. :)

Paulie x

Funny this came up. l let my wife drive today and noticed the passenger vent was wrong, one of the vanes had come of the movement toggle, for want of a better word. So as we were driving down to shop l managed to prise the vent out with just me nails. Vane sorted and popped the vent back in in 3 minutes, or so.

I must be a minority that are not quite convinced by the TT vents, not sure why just prefer mine?

i like both styles, i bought paulies s3 vents in all silver. I didnt mind either ones tbh TT ones look very slightly better though in my book

TT Mk2 FTW LOL

I've got them on mine too now. Look so much better than my bog standard ones. Just need to match my gearknob to the style which is hard as they are usually perforated leather & that wont match steering wheel LOL. I sense a frankenstein approach shortly...

Khufu, which gear knob matches the mk 2 TT vents?

I know I've seen one with the same oblong dimples and perforated leather, but can't remember where!

Is there as DSG version?

(apologies to OP for thread highjack)

Khufu, which gear knob matches the mk 2 TT vents?

Errrr TT gear knob :p lol, the TTRS one is great though

I must be a minority that are not quite convinced by the TT vents, not sure why just prefer mine?
Idont like the tt vents....I much prefer the small knurled effect pattern on the originals...they look meaner and a bit more...metal old school'e:thrashi: