Gave up on my second hand wheel search I might just go for these...............

They look awesome! :arco:

If your on a budget i would get them and save up for better tyres to fit another time,
just depends how desperate you are for the wheels.

Their shop is not far from me, might go in and have a look :detective2:

They look awesome! :arco:

If your on a budget i would get them and save up for better tyres to fit another time,
just depends how desperate you are for the wheels.

Their shop is not far from me, might go in and have a look :detective2:

I was thinking how bad the tyres will actually be, I dont drive "quickly" at all but I still want grip lol

I was thinking how bad the tyres will actually be, I dont drive "quickly" at all but I still want grip lol

They shouldn't be too bad in everyday conditions,

My experience with cheaper tires is when you want to overtake; instead of them gripping they tend to screech, spin then grip.
Whereas better tires would just grab the road without any fuss.

you would get better breaking from good tires so bare that in mind, depends on how you drive really.

Reactions: braque10
I really like em mate.

I was thinking of getting some for my a3 too to replace the old sport ones but I can't find any pics of A3s with them fitted?

Maybe they aren't everyones cup of tea but they are a bit different to the CH's.

Dont scrimp on tyres! Only thing between you and the road - try contacting them and see if they'll either apply a tyre of your choice or sell you the alloys at a discount without the tyres... theres always a deal to be had ;)

Go for it, matey! Have liked these since BBS brought them out, very nice wheels indeedy. :)

Paulie x

Great looking wheel.
Had not seen them before, love them.

As others have said, don't scrimp on the tyres, call and see if you can upgrade.

I got a set of 18" Nouvolari replicas from Wheelbase and they came with budget tyres. Luckily I only used them in the summer, because they were utterly useless in the wet. I don't mean for hard driving, I mean just normal rush hour driving. It got to the stage where my wife wouldn't even drive it with the 18's fitted.
I used to think it was maybe me, but I remember following my 60 year old mum in her Zafira and when we got to the roundabout at the bottom of my road she turned right and I understeered straight on. That was on a damp road and at no more than 15mph. In the dry they were fine, but any rain and you would slide all over the place, even if you're in a line of other cars who had no problems making the turns.
I'm not saying all budgets will be like these, but if the tyres that will come with those wheels are Talon Triangles, then I can't urge you strongly enough to pay a bit extra for a decent tyre.

Seriously, it's your safety and the safety of others around you, so get the best tyres you can afford. You'll only end up taking the crappy ones off and buying new ones like I had to, even though they still had loads of tread on them.

Reactions: braque10
I was looking for those wheels for around 6months, still couldnt find a second hand set! They seem really rare, but would look great on an a3

accelera tyrs are supposed to be good if you can get those and theyre priced well

Nice looking wheels. Agree with the sentiment on the tyres. My previous car came with some chinese pingpong specials on it which weren't too clever! Managed to spin all 4 wheels going into third on a damp road so made a mental note to be careful in the wet, not a problem. What is a problem is if you have to stop suddenly!!! Fortunately I did, just, but it wasn't a nice experience. Booked car in for 4 new tyres soon afterwards! See if they will do a deal with some better tyres.