Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

2008 Onwards A3 Exhaust Tips

Right all been wondering, i fitted my black edition rear a while back with the valance. My cars an 8P2 S Line with dual exhaust tips but im just wondering was there a change on the 8P3 to the exhaust tips so they sit a little further out to accommodate the facelift rear?

If so can they be bought and swapped over with my current ones?
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    The holes are bigger and as you say sit a bit better on the 8P3

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I was just thinking this the other day. My 8P2 exhausts have disappeared into my 8P3 bumper/diffuser.

The 8P3 bumper seems to have a little bit more depth to it than the 8P2 one.
    Applied to my rear lights too. My 8P2 rears sat slightly too far in, but my MY09's sit perfectly flush with the bumper.

5th Gear

Status
    strange! yea same here on the lights. I wonder if the tips are different though. theres some on ebay from audi dealers but they say 08 onwards only
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

5th Gear

Status
    As I said above the tips are larger in diameter

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    There's more to it than the diameter. The pipes now look too short i.e. they don't poke out enough.

5th Gear

Status
    yerr i to thought that, the length of the tail pipes seems to poke out a bit more. Thing is i had a look under the car today and my tips have a little spot where they are kind of welded on

5th Gear

Status
    There's more to it than the diameter. The pipes now look too short i.e. they don't poke out enough.
    I know.....

1st Gear

Status
    Did either of you guys sort this at all?

Also have put on the 8P3 bumper and have the same issue - looks kinda silly.
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

6th Gear

Status
    If you want to sell your existing pipes please PM me.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

MPG the new BPH

Status
    i thought they where the same part numbers will be on here some where some one posted they a couple of weeks ago

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

5th Gear

Status
    I havent bothered as mine arent to bad they just sit slightly in. I cant find the thread that went up but ill have a look on etka to see if the part numbers are difference. Thing is my exhaust tips are welded on from manufacturer so im guessing theres a different design of the rear back box on the 8P3

MPG the new BPH

Status
    just remember who posted it the engineer but come to think of it it may have been aftermarket

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    K cheers guys.
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

2nd Gear

Status
    So can you buy the pipes that nally posted or do you need a new back box?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

1st Gear

Status
    I've just bought my own exhaust tips off the net and having them welded on by a custom exhaust place.

Not a massive job.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I've just bought my own exhaust tips off the net and having them welded on by a custom exhaust place.

Not a massive job.
    Yeah but do they look OEM? I've considered this many times but i want them to look as if they have come on the car and not off eBay or just stuck on like a DTM or Halfords special exhaust!

You got a link to where you go them?
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback