2008 Onwards A3 Exhaust Tips

Farhan

Reaction score
Right all been wondering, i fitted my black edition rear a while back with the valance. My cars an 8P2 S Line with dual exhaust tips but im just wondering was there a change on the 8P3 to the exhaust tips so they sit a little further out to accommodate the facelift rear?

If so can they be bought and swapped over with my current ones?

The holes are bigger and as you say sit a bit better on the 8P3

I was just thinking this the other day. My 8P2 exhausts have disappeared into my 8P3 bumper/diffuser.

The 8P3 bumper seems to have a little bit more depth to it than the 8P2 one.
Applied to my rear lights too. My 8P2 rears sat slightly too far in, but my MY09's sit perfectly flush with the bumper.

strange! yea same here on the lights. I wonder if the tips are different though. theres some on ebay from audi dealers but they say 08 onwards only

As I said above the tips are larger in diameter

There's more to it than the diameter. The pipes now look too short i.e. they don't poke out enough.

yerr i to thought that, the length of the tail pipes seems to poke out a bit more. Thing is i had a look under the car today and my tips have a little spot where they are kind of welded on

There's more to it than the diameter. The pipes now look too short i.e. they don't poke out enough.
:shrug: I know.....

Did either of you guys sort this at all?

Also have put on the 8P3 bumper and have the same issue - looks kinda silly.

i thought they where the same part numbers will be on here some where some one posted they a couple of weeks ago

DSC00092.jpg

I havent bothered as mine arent to bad they just sit slightly in. I cant find the thread that went up but ill have a look on etka to see if the part numbers are difference. Thing is my exhaust tips are welded on from manufacturer so im guessing theres a different design of the rear back box on the 8P3

just remember who posted it the engineer but come to think of it it may have been aftermarket

I've just bought my own exhaust tips off the net and having them welded on by a custom exhaust place.

Not a massive job.

I've just bought my own exhaust tips off the net and having them welded on by a custom exhaust place.

Not a massive job.

Yeah but do they look OEM? I've considered this many times but i want them to look as if they have come on the car and not off eBay or just stuck on like a DTM or Halfords special exhaust!

You got a link to where you go them?