Replacement S3 Service Book

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
I went to get a replacement Service Book for my 2007 S3 today from Audi. They only sell replacement Service Books with DUPLICATE written all over it. Is there a way to get a new original one?
Or am I stuck to getting one from Audi for £25!!!!!!

The problem with getting it from somewhere else is the genuine one has the sticker on the front cover with all the car details ie chassis, engine, gearbox number etc.

The problem with getting it from somewhere else is the genuine one has the sticker on the front cover with all the car details ie chassis, engine, gearbox number etc.

I had to get a replacement for mine but luckily the sticker was loose in the handbook folder - never been fitted. Made me wonder if it ever had a service book

You would have to go to Audi other wise it will not have the recorded service history in it. you can hardly write it in yourself or it becomes meaningless.

It would have only had the first service stamp in the original book. I will be getting the second service stamped in the new book when I get it.
By the way, ther service book that Audi tried to sell me, didn't have any sticker on it!!!!

By the way, ther service book that Audi tried to sell me, didn't have any sticker on it!!!!

When a new car arrives at the dealership the sticker for the service book is usually in the docs pack for the car in the boot and part of the PDI is to put the sticker in the service book. Obviously a dealer cannot supply a replacement service book with the sticker in as it was in the original. There is however a second sticker stuck somewhere in the boot, if this can be carefully peeled off you can then bung it in your new book. Or take note of all the details and make your own!!! If the dealers are reluctant to restamp your new book ask them for a service print out which you can keep as a record of previous servicings.

So am I tied to get the service book from Audi then?

When I get the V5 back, I will attempt to contact the previous owner and see if he still has it and can send me it.

I had a similar problem with my last car. The place I bought it from had the service book when I viewed the car but there was a stamp missing so I asked them to send it to the dealer and get it stamped. It hadn't been returned by the time I picked the car up and somewhere in the whole process the book got lost in the post with no one accepting responsibility. I had to get a replacement book from BMW at a cost of £24 then had to send that to the main dealer and they stamped it from their records. It was also possible to take the keys into any BMW dealer and they could stick them in the computer and give you a full print out of the service history for about £10. Maybe Audi have something similar. Either way getting books and history from the dealer is the only way if that's where the car was serviced. If it was serviced at an indie you will have little chance of recovering any history.