Thread: Solar Orange Audi S3 - out with the old, in with the new

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonallen View Post
    yes 21 in age i didnt make myself clear, whats youre plans then peach
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_B View Post
    Lol yeah he means age

Edit: Damn you Jay you beat me to it lol
    Lol I apologise, I wasn't quite sure whether or not that's what you meant and didn't want to post a reply age related in case I looked like an idiot

I'm 21, bought my 8L S3 just after I turned 20 and then this one a few weeks ago but I'll be 22 in July. Hopefully insurance will take another drop in August seeing as I'm another year wiser

No real plans, just little bits and bobs like the plates, carbon fibre door pillars etc, maybe change the wheels and suspension but that will be in 6-12 months time. I think given the value and high quality of the car, it doesn't really need a lot changed, I just like adding individual touches to make it 'mine'

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    true say, love the sound of em!

6th Gear

Status
    Reckon you will get a remap at some stage? Or just gonna enjoy the standard power? Did you do any performance mods to your 8L?
    If you dont mind me asking how much is your insurance? lol my girl friends insurance is stupid low compared to mine My last quote on an S3 was whe ni was 20 that was about £1,700 something i think. Not bad for at the time for 20 and 1 ncb. 21 now with 2ncb hoping my insurance goes down a bit
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_B View Post
    Reckon you will get a remap at some stage? Or just gonna enjoy the standard power? Did you do any performance mods to your 8L?
    If you dont mind me asking how much is your insurance? lol my girl friends insurance is stupid low compared to mine My last quote on an S3 was whe ni was 20 that was about £1,700 something i think. Not bad for at the time for 20 and 1 ncb. 21 now with 2ncb hoping my insurance goes down a bit
    Possibly, I took out a 2 year extended warranty with the dealer when I bought the car, I've gone right through the small print and my partner who is a motor trader checked it too and it definitely covers the clutch, so if I mapped it and the clutch went I would take the map back off and take the car back, my partner also owns a garage/MOT station so would provide me with an independent report saying it was wear and tear or something...

Nope the 8L stayed standard performance wise, I liked it the way it was and didn't want to tamper with it in case I ran into problems

My insurance last year (August) on the old S3 was £700 - I added my mum and dad as named drivers which took about £150 off the price, that was when I was 20, 2 NCB, 3 points (SP30) and 2 at fault claims (long story, both 50/50 due to a insurance company full of reprobates). When I changed it to the new S3 I was charged a pro rata premium of £119 from 31st May - 11th August, so approx 2 and a half months, quite pricey

This year I'm expecting to pay around £800 ish - my points have expired, I'm another year older and I think both claims no longer count, but obviously this car is of a higher value as well and prices have been rising in general. As long as it's under 1k I'm happy!

Thanks
    Lauryn
    Last edited by Peachy; 27th June 2011 at 13:55.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak View Post
    Car's lookin schweeet.
    What a shiney knob you have there lauren!
    Wheels you have on are not so bad either.
    Will look better with your new plates.
    Sorry Lauryn*

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak View Post
    Sorry Lauryn*
    Not to worry!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    I put the chopped number plates on my car with my private reg. They aren't illegal if they have approved lettering and are the right size and have the required spaces. They make the S3 look alot wider especially at the back!
    Here's some pics of mine:

I got the lettering in Carbon Fibre in the legal font. I ordered it from:
    SCOTTISH FLAG Number Plates - Scotland Saltire Alba on eBay (end time 30-Jun-11 11:34:16 BST)
    Its a company in Glasgow, and if you message him he will send you pics of what your number plate will look like. I didnt go for the Scotland/ Euro flag on mine though.

I also wrapped my B-Pillars in the Carbon Fibre Wrap:

They are really easy to put on and look great and work well with the carbon lettering on my number plate.
    I got the carbon wrap from here:
    Carbon Fibre Wrap vinyl vinyal 500mm x 1500mm FREE P&P | eBay UK
    The plate looks good Ewan, not sure if i like the carbon fibre personally.

5th Gear

Status
    Well it looks better tahn before as the laquer had started to peel off the drivers side pillar. It looks better in the flesh especially on sunlight.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2nd Gear

Status
    why dont you get rid of the space you dont need by the plate bro

Bazinga!

Status
    I upgraded the DRL and sidelight bulbs to some LEDs and gave the car a wash earlier this evening to enjoy the last of the sun

I'm really happy with the car, going to get some bits and pieces carbon fibre wrapped soon, then new wheels and suspension, and then a Milltek at some point

Thanks
    Lauryn
    FranA3 and Paullie like this.

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I upgraded the DRL and sidelight bulbs to some LEDs and gave the car a wash earlier this evening to enjoy the last of the sun

I'm really happy with the car, going to get some bits and pieces carbon fibre wrapped soon, then new wheels and suspension, and then a Milltek at some point

Thanks
    Lauryn
    looking lovely lauryn , really do love solar orange there is a tt-s in cardiff and i always look at it when i drives past it just catches my eyes esp in the sunlight (the drivers not bad either lol) , i can see your plate tho if you havent blanked it out yet btw
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Very nice mate and I am very jealous, I'm 21 with 2 years ncb no points, accidents etc and my insurance was £1100 on an A3 2.0tfsi which I thought was good so surprised yours is that cheap! May be worth a look after all then hmm..
    STUFF FOR SALE: DLS R6 Midbass drivers, MFSW 3 spoke and Pioneer P88RS II
    STUFF FOR SWAPS:
    3 door A3 8P custom doorbuilds

please contact for more info

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane. View Post
    Very nice mate and I am very jealous, I'm 21 with 2 years ncb no points, accidents etc and my insurance was £1100 on an A3 2.0tfsi which I thought was good so surprised yours is that cheap! May be worth a look after all then hmm..
    I'm 22 and it's coming in at £1k this year so you might be in with some luck! I have 3 points and a claim on my history too

Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    looking lovely lauryn , really do love solar orange there is a tt-s in cardiff and i always look at it when i drives past it just catches my eyes esp in the sunlight (the drivers not bad either lol) , i can see your plate tho if you havent blanked it out yet btw
    Thanks, ach I'm not bothered about blanking out the plate, too much effort lol.

Cheers
    Lauryn

events moderator

Status
    I'm 22 and it's coming in at £1k this year so you might be in with some luck! I have 3 points and a claim on my history too

Thanks, ach I'm not bothered about blanking out the plate, too much effort lol.

Cheers
    Lauryn
    ah fair enough some are really paranoid about it , i had a quote on a S3 not long ago and it was £50 more than im paying now on my 1.6 i am 30 years old with 5 years no claims tho so i expect it to be cheap lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very nice, don't think i've ever seen one that colour... B)
    If you wish to discover ways to buy low cost Ford Cars, Jaguar cars, Honda cars, Volvo cars, Nissan cars, Hyundai cars, Mitsubishi cars online, i extremely suggest you check out cardealera.com.

5th Gear

Status
    Saw your S3 yesterday afternoon, knew I recognised that plate from somewhere!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    Saw your S3 yesterday afternoon, knew I recognised that plate from somewhere!
    Really? Where did you see me? I was in Glasgow most of the day then nipped up to EK later on

5th Gear

Status
    Really? Where did you see me? I was in Glasgow most of the day then nipped up to EK later on
    Near Sea Woo/ The point Cash n carry and sighthill/springburn..Doesn't that paint job get the attention of the Po Po all the time ?!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    Near Sea Woo/ The point Cash n carry and sighthill/springburn..Doesn't that paint job get the attention of the Po Po all the time ?!
    Ah yes, I was parked outside my boyfriends garage if you had timed it right you would have seen us cursing trying to fit those bloody sidelight bulbs argh!

Edit: I can't say they've bothered me yet *touch wood* but I always get a good stare when they pass, meh.

6th Gear

Status
    Edit: I can't say they've bothered me yet *touch wood* but I always get a good stare when they pass, meh.
    You should give them a smile ....The P***KS.
    You pleased with the results on the drl and sidelights?

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    You should give them a smile ....The P***KS.
    You pleased with the results on the drl and sidelights?
    Yeah I'm really happy, they make a big difference but I can't get the warning lights inside to go off so need to do something about them.

I'd rather give them another gesture instead of a smile

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah I'm really happy, they make a big difference but I can't get the warning lights inside to go off so need to do something about them.

I'd rather give them another gesture instead of a smile
    Good when you can try get a night shot Could the warning light be turned off with vagcom?
    Haha i'd like to give them a gesture too but id end up pulled and arrested. Where as you can give them a cheesey smile and think stop hating on me because my whip better than yours

Meow.

Status
    You don't hang about do you

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    You don't hang about do you
    I assume that was you in the Leon? I was supposed to be going out for dinner at 8pm but had to stop for fuel at Tesco and lost time lol. Leon looked cool, haven't seen it in that colour before.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    Nice Car Peachy

What's next (mod)??
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

Meow.

Status
    I assume that was you in the Leon? I was supposed to be going out for dinner at 8pm but had to stop for fuel at Tesco and lost time lol. Leon looked cool, haven't seen it in that colour before.
    Yeah that was me not many orange Leons about. The S3 was looking good, is it lowered?

Bazinga!

Status
    Now in the For Sale section

Thanks
    Lauryn

2nd Gear

Status

Thanks
    Lauryn
    Noooooooo!

Meow.

Status

Thanks
    Lauryn
    Fed up of the colour? lol

Status
    Why are you selling?
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

3rd Gear

Status

Bazinga!

Status
    I have a company car now and all my fuel, insurance, tax etc is paid for, I'm going to take advantage of that and put a deposit on a house with the money from the car. I love it to bits but I can't justify it sitting for one week, sometimes two weeks at a time without being used, it's a total waste

Thanks
    Lauryn

1st Gear

Status
    ^ Good new about the company car, buying a house and thinking of the poor car. Good decision but you know you'll miss it. What company car are you getting?
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

Bazinga!

Status
    I have a new Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, VTR+ model. It's not the best but I need the space for work.

Bazinga!

Status

Status
    Oh dear, after back to back S3's that's going to take some getting used to.

I suppose it's...................................

Practical! Think of the money saved.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Meow.

Status
    FLOL.

Whens the baby due?

events moderator

Status
    sad to see it go but got be sensible i suppose roof over your head is a very important thing

Bazinga!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    FLOL.

Whens the baby due?
    No baby, just lots of this:

I need the space and I pay pretty much nothing for it so it's £k's in my pocket instead of sitting in a car I never get to drive anymore. Don't make this any harder for me!

events moderator

Status

lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast