Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 188
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Solar Orange Audi S3 - out with the old, in with the new

  1. #81
    AARON77's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    kingston sw london
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I'm afraid I dont have that kind of money! lol
    Looks mustard I love it

    Comrades of Vag find us on Facebook

    https://www.facebook.com/comradesof.vag?ref=hl

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #82
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GLASGOW
    Posts
    20
    cracking looking car lauryn, thats my first choice of colour, but my better half fancies black, just started the search yesterday for 1.

  4. #83
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by dougs View Post
    cracking looking car lauryn, thats my first choice of colour, but my better half fancies black, just started the search yesterday for 1.
    Do you not fancy a Sprint Blue one? I don't think you should buy orange, seeing as you're local and all that lol. I'm the opposite, I love the colour of mine but my other half thinks it's a bit too garish for him, he likes black cars, nice and subtle.

  5. #84
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20
    Nice ride, for wheels i'm gonne go crazy and say oxigin oxrock






  6. #85
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak View Post
    Nice ride, for wheels i'm gonne go crazy and say oxigin oxrock





    I'm just not digging them at all I'm afraid

  7. #86
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    :

    I'm just not digging them at all I'm afraid
    Yea the are hit and miss, i've never been to sure of them myself. Just wanted to see them on an S3, guess photoshop would be less painfull :P

  8. #87
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak View Post
    Yea the are hit and miss, i've never been to sure of them myself. Just wanted to see them on an S3, guess photoshop would be less painfull :P
    Lol true, thank you.

    I found this photo on here the other day, quite tempted by some S5 wheels and these confirmed my thoughts



    Lauryn
    pinterovski and charlie89 like this.

  9. #88
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Is anyone good with photoshop etc? I'm going to assign one of my private plates on to the car but can't decide whether or not to stick with S3 EPO or put my 'name' plate on which is L222RYN
    I agree with Ash.. Get the L222RYN, at least then if you ever need to change it to another car, you still can....?
    Red is the colour..

  10. #89
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    I agree with Ash.. Get the L222RYN, at least then if you ever need to change it to another car, you still can....?
    I already have both of them, they're on retention

  11. #90
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Lol... I still think the name one is better in that case.. I have my name as my plate and I love it!! Guess it's not for everyone, but I reckon you can pull it off, be warned tho - their will be haters!!
    Red is the colour..

  12. #91
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GLASGOW
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Do you not fancy a Sprint Blue one? I don't think you should buy orange, seeing as you're local and all that lol. I'm the opposite, I love the colour of mine but my other half thinks it's a bit too garish for him, he likes black cars, nice and subtle.
    the wife currently has a black tt, so she wants another black car.

    i do like the sprint blue but defo fancy a change, past couple of years ive had blue cars, mk1 focus rs and a imperial blue escort cosworth.

  13. #92
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20
    S5 wheels look great and keep it looking oem, oh and i prefer your name on the plate instead of the S3.

    What is epo anyways?

  14. #93
    charlie89's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Lol true, thank you.

    I found this photo on here the other day, quite tempted by some S5 wheels and these confirmed my thoughts



    Lauryn
    S5 Wheels look great but at a 32offset they wont fit an S3.. Right?

  15. #94
    jackj's Avatar
    Audi TDI Power!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    372
    The S5 wheels in matt black would look amazing on the Solor Orange IMO


    Audi A3 Ibis White Black Edition 2.0TDI
    Stage 1 - 180bhp
    / 300lbft torque | iPod Connection | Phone Prep/Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Exclusive Line Nappa Leather | Model de-badge

    ABT Tuning | Audi Driver Magazine |Shell V Power | Revolution247.com | Audi-Sport.net
    Progress Thread: Click here for more photos!

  16. #95
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie89 View Post
    S5 Wheels look great but at a 32offset they wont fit an S3.. Right?
    Would have to be repclia's or get the ones off an TT
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  17. #96
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    137
    yeah, you'd need reps!

    09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge

  18. #97
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trotters, Peckham
    Posts
    539
    dpe mt 10

  19. #98
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak View Post
    S5 wheels look great and keep it looking oem, oh and i prefer your name on the plate instead of the S3.

    What is epo anyways?
    I don't know, I inherited the plate with the last S3 lol.

    Nothing new happening with the car but I've given it a wash and a polish and taken some better photos in the daylight












  20. #99
    Adam.'s Avatar
    Meow.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    656

  21. #100
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GLASGOW
    Posts
    20
    car is looking good
    Hendy likes this.

  22. #101
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to nip into DVLA today (the place makes me feel ill!) and assign one of my plates to the car, I was going to stick my pressed plates on but think I'll get some cut down shortened plates instead (yes I know theyre illegal lol).

    I'm on the lookout for new wheels as well, I really like the S5 wheels but I'm worried about the offset and don't think they'll fit properly unless I buy reps which I don't really want to do. I also quite fancy wrapping the mirror bases and bits between the windows in carbon fibre but I don't know if it will go with the orange lol.

    Thanks
    Lauryn

  23. #102
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    first you wanna remove badges and de wiper it thats everyone's first move with a new car ;D

  24. #103
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonallen View Post
    first you wanna remove badges and de wiper it thats everyone's first move with a new car ;D
    Lol, you should have seen my Lupo, badges, bump strips and the rear wiper were all removed, my boyfriend can't understand me, he thinks a car should be bought to be driven, not to take badges and wipers off and definitely not to lower etc lol.

  25. #104
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    ahahah! you should definitely take the audi rings off :D
    & lower it on some black wheels:D
    thats what i would do personallyy.

  26. #105
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Shortened plates always look good. I need a private plate for my car If you want the S5 alloys just keep an eye out for a set that come off the MK2 TT (TTS) or B8 A4 they are oem style ones so better than buying replica's. Do it if you dont like the carbon can always take it off.
    Did you sell the old car after Laur? And how you finding the new car?
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  27. #106
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    as ash said the S5 wheels wont fit due to offset and the bore is too bit, so you would have to fit spigot rings and then you would be running some huuuuuge poke lol! the TTS/TTRS ones will be perfect, Stu (denty) is running a oem set of the twin spokes off a TT and looks the nuts, he just needs to hurry up and drop the ride height as its a bit tall lol

    cut down plates are fine, as long as they have an 11mm border around the edges of the letters youll be fine
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  28. #107
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20
    Car's lookin schweeet.
    What a shiney knob you have there lauren!
    Wheels you have on are not so bad either.
    Will look better with your new plates.

  29. #108
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_B View Post
    Shortened plates always look good. I need a private plate for my car If you want the S5 alloys just keep an eye out for a set that come off the MK2 TT (TTS) or B8 A4 they are oem style ones so better than buying replica's. Do it if you dont like the carbon can always take it off.
    Did you sell the old car after Laur? And how you finding the new car?
    I have a spare plate now lol, S3 EPO (I have no idea what EPO means).

    The old car is still in the area, a friend bought it so it still gets spotted about

    That sounds good about the wheels, I'll definitely look into it thanks

  30. #109
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Jobs a good 'un, I like it. I gave it another polish as well, I'm off work for a while at the moment and need something to entertain me



    Lauryn

  31. #110
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    Hey Lauryn just a little tip, but you might not want to polish the car too often as polish strips away the paint, evne if it's only a little eventually it'll eat away most of the paint.

    You should think about investing in some nice wax to keep the car shining it'd be a shame to see such a nice example end up wrongly looked after. Wax will protect the car and keep it shiny too so just some food for thought.

  32. #111
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    Hey Lauryn just a little tip, but you might not want to polish the car too often as polish strips away the paint, evne if it's only a little eventually it'll eat away most of the paint.

    You should think about investing in some nice wax to keep the car shining it'd be a shame to see such a nice example end up wrongly looked after. Wax will protect the car and keep it shiny too so just some food for thought.
    I have a large range of products for the car lol, it wasnt actually 'polish' I used yesterday, it was an Autoglym gloss protector (I forget the name) and I've claybarred the car and applied two coats of polish since I got it last month because I didn't like all the greasy stuff the garage had applied.

    I have a good wax at home but haven't got round to applying it yet, wax is a mission and I don't like it lol.

    Thanks
    Lauryn

  33. #112
    ScottishS3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moray
    Posts
    1,489
    I put the chopped number plates on my car with my private reg. They aren't illegal if they have approved lettering and are the right size and have the required spaces. They make the S3 look alot wider especially at the back!
    Here's some pics of mine:


    I got the lettering in Carbon Fibre in the legal font. I ordered it from:
    SCOTTISH FLAG Number Plates - Scotland Saltire Alba on eBay (end time 30-Jun-11 11:34:16 BST)
    Its a company in Glasgow, and if you message him he will send you pics of what your number plate will look like. I didnt go for the Scotland/ Euro flag on mine though.

    I also wrapped my B-Pillars in the Carbon Fibre Wrap:



    They are really easy to put on and look great and work well with the carbon lettering on my number plate.
    I got the carbon wrap from here:
    Carbon Fibre Wrap vinyl vinyal 500mm x 1500mm FREE P&P | eBay UK
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit



  34. #113
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    I put the chopped number plates on my car with my private reg. They aren't illegal if they have approved lettering and are the right size and have the required spaces. They make the S3 look alot wider especially at the back!
    Here's some pics of mine:


    I got the lettering in Carbon Fibre in the legal font. I ordered it from:
    SCOTTISH FLAG Number Plates - Scotland Saltire Alba on eBay (end time 30-Jun-11 11:34:16 BST)
    Its a company in Glasgow, and if you message him he will send you pics of what your number plate will look like. I didnt go for the Scotland/ Euro flag on mine though.

    I also wrapped my B-Pillars in the Carbon Fibre Wrap:



    They are really easy to put on and look great and work well with the carbon lettering on my number plate.
    I got the carbon wrap from here:
    Carbon Fibre Wrap vinyl vinyal 500mm x 1500mm FREE P&P | eBay UK
    The plate I put on is too long to cut down and I've put illegal ones without the gap on for now but I'm going to change them once I pick up the legal ones later today. I've I'd stuck to my S3 private plate I'd have put the legal spacing and cut down one on but I went back to my old plate.

    Did you wrap the door pillars yourself? If it's straightforward enough I might just buy it and give it a bash, I just don't want lots of little bubbles showing through lol.

    Thanks
    Lauryn

  35. #114
    ScottishS3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moray
    Posts
    1,489
    You just get the wrap (without taking the back off) and measure it round the pillar then cut it. Use degreaser on the pillars then with the help of another person, lift up a little of the backing off the wrap, stick down and gently lift off the backing whilst your mate uses a credit card or something simliar to stop any air bubbles and stick down. Use a hair dryer on the edges to blend it round. Its dead easy really, plus the wrap is very durable and if you get it wrong you can lift it up and start again without the backing losing any 'stickyness'.
    Hope that helps,
    Ewan
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit



  36. #115
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    You just get the wrap (without taking the back off) and measure it round the pillar then cut it. Use degreaser on the pillars then with the help of another person, lift up a little of the backing off the wrap, stick down and gently lift off the backing whilst your mate uses a credit card or something simliar to stop any air bubbles and stick down. Use a hair dryer on the edges to blend it round. Its dead easy really, plus the wrap is very durable and if you get it wrong you can lift it up and start again without the backing losing any 'stickyness'.
    Hope that helps,
    Ewan
    I'll give that a bash thanks!

  37. #116
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    having seen these pictures of s3's it has made me want one even more bring on 21:D

  38. #117
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonallen View Post
    having seen these pictures of s3's it has made me want one even more bring on 21:D
    21?? As in age? lol I'm lost

  39. #118
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    yes 21 in age i didnt make myself clear, whats youre plans then peach

  40. #119
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    21?? As in age? lol I'm lost

    Lol yeah he means age


    Edit: Damn you Jay you beat me to it lol
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  41. #120
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    ahahha sorry :D

    need to have a turbo to catch me out!

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO