Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Resort to K Seal?

Afternoon Guys,

I have had my car since Feb and to be honest I have had nothing but problems, I have got a turbo that has sticky vanes when pushed hard so that is on the replacement list but I am also losing water (circa 500ml every 3-4 days.

With this being a 2004 2.0 140 BKD unit with 125k on the clock I have done my homework on here and worked out that this is not going to be a cheap time to own the car...

As far as I can see oil and water are not mixing yet as the oil is still looking good under the filler cap, however it will be a few months before I can save up the £1500+ to get a new later head fitted as I have a holiday to Jamaica to pay for this week!

So would K seal (used in my old diesel fiesta) help plumb the leak until I can get it sorted once and for all as a temporary fix or would this make it any worse?

It really struggles to start on a morning sometimes (which I can guessing is coolant in the cylinders) but when started it is fine and still pulls like a train..

Thoughts please?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Tried that mate in my old 8P, worked for a week then pissed coolant out again, just keep topping up and enjoy your holiday!
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Reverse Gear

Status
    I tried this in my polo G40, and like the above, it worked for around a week and that started again!

6th Gear

Status
    For £10 its worth a try. We have tried it with good success on some cars. I guess it all depends on where the leak is, if its under a lot of pressure then nothing will help it.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport