Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Debadge or not ?

1st Gear

Status

Debadge or not ?

OK I have thinking of removing the "A3" badge and the "TDI" badge , but leaving the small "quattro" badge on the rear. Think this will look a little more subtle and classier .What do you guys think.
    I know how to remove (hairdryer , etc) what about sticking them back on ? Is it just replacing double side tape on the figures....?
    Arrived 15 Dec 2010 A3 sportback TDI 170 Quattro sport in Ibis white.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Not even worth thinking about.
    First job remove badges,its the law
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

6th Gear

Status
    I left my badges on my SB when i first got it, lasted a few weeks and took them off.

My mate did the same, he's also removed the Audi (4 rings) off the tail gate which looks pretty smart too.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    I think removing the rings is a bit much, the tdi and a3 a must though!
    Wanted - a pillar covers, leather interior, rear bumper, standard head lining

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    I left my badges on my SB when i first got it, lasted a few weeks and took them off.

My mate did the same, he's also removed the Audi (4 rings) off the tail gate which looks pretty smart too.
    Like i did
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Debadge!

I wouldn't take it as far as the rings but it's looks ok in the photo above

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Tomo

Status
    Thats what I did as soon as i got mine lad! Removed the a3 and tdi badges but left the quattro badge and it was sooooo much better
    11 Red Audi A3 S-Line Black Edition Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Great guys , you convinced me. I might do it and not tell the missus and let her think someone has nicked them ....

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by musicegbdf View Post
    Great guys , you convinced me. I might do it and not tell the missus and let her think someone has nicked them ....
    Just do it, i bet you £10 she won't notice anyway!
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

On a journey...

Status
    I've been thinking about de-badging my S3 for the subtle effect - at the rear anyway. I've seen plenty of genuine RS4s without badges.

The only thing that puts me off is seeing so many TDI's with S3 bodykits!!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by evocos View Post
    Not even worth thinking about.
    First job remove badges,its the law
    Listen to Jules

flying oyster

Status
    My missus hasn't noticed yet i even got away with the coillies lol
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

Banana Menace!

Status
    Nice one, ..I wonder what other mods you can 'get away with', without the missus noticing, lol. Debadging is always my first mod, love the smoothing effect it has on the rear.

Paulie x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

TFSI Addict...

Status
    How's it done guys? I want to get rid of the 1.8T sign off the back of mine...
    '59 A3 Sportback 1.8 T FSI Sport S-Tronic Ibis White

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    I've been thinking about de-badging my S3 for the subtle effect - at the rear anyway. I've seen plenty of genuine RS4s without badges.

The only thing that puts me off is seeing so many TDI's with S3 bodykits!!
    Why's that ? As long as you know you have an S3 surely thats all that matters .I dont think too many people drive around looking for snide S3's I would say 90% of people would not know a 1.6 to an S3 anyway ? lol.Cant wait to get my "S3 Tdi" Snide finished .With a nice S badge on the back ,Probably go for TDIS badges ,What do you guys think?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I recently picked up an A3 that has the full S3 kit on it but the guy who had it before has it all badged as an S3 which I don't like! I know I can remove the rear badge but does anyone know how to remove the front badge on an S3 grille?

1st Gear

Status
    debadge it! got to be done!

Reverse Gear

Status
    This thread has convinced me but what's the best way to debadge it?

Any special tools or products?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy84 View Post
    This thread has convinced me but what's the best way to debadge it?

Any special tools or products?
    I used a card (eg bankcard) and then used clay to remove any glue that was left on the bootlid!!!!

Comrades of Vag find us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/comradesof.vag?ref=hl

5th Gear

Status
    Dental Floss, Double it up and slide it across the badge theyll come off in seconds.

To clean the glue use something like goo-gone let it soak and then run over it with a claybar if you want.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Y.N.W.A.

Status
    you cant remove the rings man!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanali View Post
    Dental Floss, Double it up and slide it across the badge theyll come off in seconds.

To clean the glue use something like goo-gone let it soak and then run over it with a claybar if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by AARON77 View Post
    I used a card (eg bankcard) and then used clay to remove any glue that was left on the bootlid!!!!
    Cool, thanks guys.

I see you are both in West London too, let me know if there is ever any meets around here.

events moderator

Status
    debadge all apart from the rings some people like the audi rings on the rear some dont i do tho
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

Banned

Status
    OK I have thinking of removing the "A3" badge and the "TDI" badge , but leaving the small "quattro" badge on the rear. Think this will look a little more subtle and classier .What do you guys think.
    I know how to remove (hairdryer , etc) what about sticking them back on ? Is it just replacing double side tape on the figures....?
    Why bother, you'll just have folks thinking you've got a 1.2TFsi bag of wind.. ;-0 Leave well alone IMHO.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richard82 View Post
    I recently picked up an A3 that has the full S3 kit on it but the guy who had it before has it all badged as an S3 which I don't like! I know I can remove the rear badge but does anyone know how to remove the front badge on an S3 grille?
    All you can do is prise off the"s3" part and be left with a black plate.

Audi TDI Power!

Status
    De-badge definately! Leave the rings on though

Audi A3 Ibis White Black Edition 2.0TDI
    Stage 1 - 180bhp
    / 300lbft torque | iPod Connection | Phone Prep/Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Exclusive Line Nappa Leather | Model de-badge

ABT Tuning | Audi Driver Magazine |Shell V Power | Revolution247.com | Audi-Sport.net
    Progress Thread: Click here for more photos!

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Why bother, you'll just have folks thinking you've got a 1.2TFsi bag of wind.. ;-0 Leave well alone IMHO.
    Except for the fact Audi don't make a 1.2tfsi quattro......
    Red is the colour..

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy84 View Post
    Cool, thanks guys.

I see you are both in West London too, let me know if there is ever any meets around here.
    ace cafe hanger lane last tueday of the month 6pm

Comrades of Vag find us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/comradesof.vag?ref=hl

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Easy answer to this question....How embarrassed are you by the model of car you drive ??...how many S3 owners de badge ?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AARON77 View Post
    ace cafe hanger lane last tueday of the month 6pm
    I always pass that cafe when im going over to her place and its usually full of bikers! didnt know there was an Audi meet there... might come down soon! is the next one on the 28th then?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

3rd Gear
    Aski Champion

Status
    De- badge FTW have a look at my build thread for before and after shots should give you a good idea of which you prefer

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Easy answer to this question....How embarrassed are you by the model of car you drive ??...how many S3 owners de badge ?
    Not a case of how embarresed you are about the model of you car. It's about styling a car to your own specific taste.
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

1st Gear

Status
    Did it about ten days ago now. Guess what the missus has not noticed ! It does look better .
    Just looks a bit classier. Not really trying to hide what it is , as with it sitting lower and with fairly fat tyres , double chrome exhaust , etc it already looks fairly purposefull (it is a sport version) .
    In fact leaving the TDI badge on would make some think it is fairly slow and you could have fun with them when you boot it from 30 upwards :-)
    The quattro badge is fairly small , but as already said Audi don't make low power Quattro's .

Status
    Audi don't make low power Quattro's .

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    I agree Paddy... seems some folks are happy to try to hide their 'embarassment' having an xxx engine yet want to wave it around 'oooh look I've got a Quattro'

WTF... Just leave it as Audi intended... If you are into cars you will think WTF, if you're not into cars WTF so all in all WHY BOTHER debadging... and as for looking 'classier' again WTF????

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    WTF... Just leave it as Audi intended... If you are into cars you will think WTF, if you're not into cars WTF so all in all WHY BOTHER debadging... and as for looking 'classier' again WTF????
    what a total load of bullocks! if you really want to leave a car as the manufacturer intended then dont buy alloys for it and dont add spoilers and steering wheels from a model that isnt your car model!
    A debadge does not always have to hide a car engine, in my case i debadge my car for the smooth rear look. i have nothing to hide as its a 2.0 tdi which correct me if im wrong but that is the biggest diesel engine audi offer on the A3! the OP wanted opinons on how to debadge it, if he should keep the Quattro or not, i would say no and keep it all smooth but if thats what he likes then good on him

and one more thing... audi do offer to debadge the car at factory for free so it is a dealer option!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Neutral

Status
    Has anyone tried debadging with a few miles on the clock? I have been wanting to take the badges of my Black ed, but am worried it might be noticeable after 20k.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i did mine after i bought it last year, on a 5 year old car. looks fine as long as you clean it out properly
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status
    Seems to me its all about creating an impression the car is not what it obviously is...lol. When i see de badged cars they just scream 1.4 or diesel at best If not then why take some badges off and leave the Quattro ?

I say again...who debadges a S3 ?

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    what a total load of bullocks! if you really want to leave a car as the manufacturer intended then dont buy alloys for it and dont add spoilers and steering wheels from a model that isnt your car model!
    A debadge does not always have to hide a car engine, in my case i debadge my car for the smooth rear look. i have nothing to hide as its a 2.0 tdi which correct me if im wrong but that is the biggest diesel engine audi offer on the A3! the OP wanted opinons on how to debadge it, if he should keep the Quattro or not, i would say no and keep it all smooth but if thats what he likes then good on him

and one more thing... audi do offer to debadge the car at factory for free so it is a dealer option!
    I'm totally with you on this one mate.. I have a 2.0tfsi quattro (which i'm not ashamed about in the slightest!) and actually specified model deletion etc from new because I prefer how they look without badges at all.. (But the dealership fooked it up, and now I have to do it myself) ..It has nothing to do with pretending it's something it's not!! If I was buying a Ralph Lauren shirt, I'd buy one with the tiny little horse - not the silly ones with "RALPH LAUREN" plastered across the front in massive lettering!!!! Because I buy products on their own merit, not because I want other people to see what I've got! I just think too much lettering reminds me of the old protons GLXTTI SPORT T 16v TURBO lol..

and leaving just the quattro badge looks nice too, sometimes no badges can look very aftermarket - and this look is not what everyone is trying to achieve..? Leaving the quattro badge is not just to shout " I have a quattro" it just leaves a small subtle badge on the rear to compliment the S Line badges on the sides, and the quattro on the front grill....
    Each to their own tho lol
    Red is the colour..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast