Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

S3 Shudder / Loss of Power

Hey guys,

Wonder if anyone can help. My S3 was in the garage last week having the steering rack and heater control panel replaced under warranty.

Since I picked it up, I've been experiencing a weird shuddering / loss of power under hard acceleration. Like a stop / start / stop / start motion, and the revs jump about a bit. It doesn't happen all the time though, which might make it difficult for the service guys to trace the fault.

Anyone had something similar? I'm pretty sure its not linked to the warranty work I've just had done, but the fact that it started happening a couple of days after it was in the garage is worrying.

I've booked it in to be looked at, but I'm not holding my breath for a quick repair...

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds like a misfire? Could be something simple like coilpack dying.

Neutral

Status
    i had the same fault months back and after audi changed the coil packs plugs and injections system it still did it, so i change the plugs for irridium tiped plugs since then no shudder or loss of power

hope this helps

1st Gear

Status
    Yep - maybe try new plugs first. If your car has been in for work it wiould have had battery disconnected, resetting the ECU settings which would initially make the car feel more lively until it learns driving style - so maybe its got a little bit more power and the plugs are struggling,