Wierd Idle on 2.0tdi 170 HELP

uthedude

Reaction score
Website
www.carpaintwarehouse.co.uk
Hi can someone please tell me if this is normal?
ive got a 2.0tdi 170 and it's idling on 1000rpm instead of the norm 840rpm?
if i stop the car turn it off and restart it it then idles on 840rpm again as soon as i drive it then starts to idle on 1000rpm
ive only had the car a few weeks any info will be appreciated
thanks sam.

It is regenerating the dPf it is normal. It increases the rpm to burn off the exhaust gases, after a short while it will settle back to normal. The best thing to do is wait till it finishes it's cycle before switching off. If it fails to complete after around 3 to 4 times you will get a fault on the dashboard. You may feel an odd vibration too and a lumpy drive whilst it regens

Ah! This is what mine has been doing - I completely forgot about the DPF! Had the 1000rpm but I also find when driving on light throttle it is a bit inconsistent, feels a bit jerky when trying to drive slow.

i must say no other problems drives sweet as a nut only had dpf completely replaced by audi £1254.00 Under warranty 700Miles ago when warranty is up any other problems going to get it removed south west in car tech £480.00 re-map 170bhp-214/222 bhp increase and removal of dpf included! they also have a great rep!