Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

8P trim level / options help please.

Currently have an S3 so am used to the xenon headlamps and the semi decent full BOSE stereo with the little subwoofer and whatnot. Looking at the 8P for a replacement but cars with xenons and BOSE seem quite rare?

Is there a trim level I should be looking at to maximise my chances of finding these? am not *so* fussed about the subwoofer if the standard 8P kit provides reasonable amount of bass.

Also, I'm undecided between a Sport or an S-Line, are the main differences between Sport and S-Line the body kit, wheels and a stiffer suspension?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Xenons are pretty hard to come across on anything other than the S3, BOSE seems fairly common these days. You're correct about the s-line/sport differences, think you get slightly nicer s-line seats and steering wheel as well though (maybe s-line branded kick plates as well, can't remember).

Ibis S3 S-tronic with buckets
    Previously: A3 2.0TDI (170) S-line S-tronic , A3 2.0T DSG S-line, A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Audi dont expect people buying a premium make car to be able to see where they are going at night....they expect you to be tone deaf so you get a crap little stereo..know exactly where you are going so you will not need Satnav or even a map light. You will not require cruise or auto lights because God gave you hands and eyes. A handy function you do get is...water pour's in when you open the window if its raining. This is to tell you to put your wipers on so you dont need auto wipers. You will get a multi ? function steering wheel with just 2 working functions if you are lucky. It only has two because that the minimum they could fit and still call it multi.

But dont be put off !! for an extra 3-4 thousand pounds for being a bloody nuisance.. you can have all this stuff that should have been fitted in the first place.

she's no d-turbo

Status
    Main differences between sport & s-line are front & rear bumpers, stiffer suspension, steering wheel, and seats. The s-line models are usually either half or full leather with s-line embroidered on them.

The specs are quite confusing as many people buy the sport and then add on a few extras. e.g. my sport came with mulitfunction steering wheel from the factory but most of the s-lines come with a standard wheel with s-line badge.

she's no d-turbo

Status
    paddy = hero

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Lee has just bought an S-Line with Bi-Xenons & BOSE, loaded A3s are out there just need to be patient!

3rd Gear

Status
    The standard sport/s-line stereo is pretty good for stock though, and includes a subwoofer in the boot.

I think the SE comes with only a 2 speaker dirt cheap setup though.

Neutral

Status
    The 2 speaker (Chorus?) is to be steered well clear of - had one in a loan car, wouldn't even play MP3 CDs.