Home Assist - broken down

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Morning chaps, just parked my car up after a ten minute run and the ESP light came on, i turned the car off and back on and theres now a starting issue, once started the engine seems to be very strange on revs and wont let me pull off at all...... connected to vagcom is shows carious implausable signal issues to the throttle body along with a couple of other faults - i have tried recalibrating but it just shows an error

MY question is what courtesy car should i expect from home assist? are we talking a similar Audi? i dont want to be fobbed off with a clio 1.2 or similar.....the RAC will be here shortly so wanted to pre-empt this

cheers

Tim

update....they are sending around an Audi tech after i told them what faults were flagging......if he can't repair they have said they willlsource me a hire car

When I had an issue with my a3 they tried to fob me off with a corsa I said er no chance I'm giving you a 20k+ car I expect the same or better back for my inconvenience, no problem sir we'll arrange something. half an hour later they rang back and said they could not get me a better spec car till 10 the next day I explained I had to be at work at 8 they then booked me a taxi to work that morning and delivered me a top spec a6 avant to work. was well chuffed had it for two weeks and did not want to give it back lol.

So just tell them straight what you want and hopefully you'll get like I did

thanks mate, i thought that might be the case..... just really needed confirmation and how far i am able to push them, you know what its like when you get a stubborn person telling you thats all you can have, eventually you have to give up

Yeah I know what your saying. Luckily the chap I spoke to seemed more than happy to help which is rare these days. Hopefully you get through to the same chap or someone as helpful as him.

Right, now awaiting a call from the hire firm, the tech said theres no like for like policy.....but i can do but try

Looks like a throttle body issue which can't be fixed here - bummer :(