Mudflaps??

Jimbo100

Reaction score
Car turned up at the dealers today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking around it at the nice new paintwork I started to think about mudflaps... From the point of view of looks, I can't say I 'm a great fan of mudflaps although from what I can tell, the Audi items look quite small.

Has anyone got them fitted? If so, what's the verdict - do they provide much protection?

Ta.

I have them fitted. They are quite small, and on the face of it because they are only a few inches deep (not measured them though) they do not appear to be able to stop much. Having said that the front ones appear to allow some mud past about 2.5 feet back from them. If you understand what I mean! Behind the rear ones the rear the car is very clean (to be expected as not much car behind them anyway). However, as I had them fitted when the car was new, I cannot compare before and after fitting. I do not have any stone damage to the paintwork behind front or back. It is my view that rear ones protect the car travelling behind you as much as it does your own.....but..the car would look incomplete with just the front ones.

Regards

I'd go along with the last post. I didn't have them fitted when I ordered the car, but having driven it for a couple of weeks decided that the amount of debrie and mud being thrown from the front wheels would eventually lead to paint damage. My main concern was the amount that seemed to catch the bodywork at the rear of the backdoor. So had mudflaps fitted and so far so good!

Had my A3 a few weeks now, washing it the other day, was concerend by the amount of cr*p that was on the sill, under the doors, underside of car, which was thrown up by the front wheels. So bought full set of mudflaps from my local dealer last night. Will fit this weekend (if its warm enough!). Post pix l8r this weekend hopefully.

Did fit some to my old A4 too, made a big difference to the amount of cr*p thrown up onto the car. The A4 mudflaps are much bigger than the A3 ones I bought last night.

The front ones have to be a good idea, they are bound to help reuce chips from stones ......

I got some spare mudflaps for the new shape A3
I got them from someone on this forum who certified me that they would fit eventhough I've got the Votex bodykit
Tried them and obviously with my luck they dont fit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
Despite some pm the guy never answered me so if anyone want them (front and back) It's £25inc postage.
any taker?

Will front mudflaps fit a sportsline? I would guess sills are standard?

dont know do you have "special" side skirts?
if not it should fit

[ QUOTE ]
I got some spare mudflaps for the new shape A3
I got them from someone on this forum who certified me that they would fit eventhough I've got the Votex bodykit
Tried them and obviously with my luck they dont fit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
Despite some pm the guy never answered me so if anyone want them (front and back) It's £25inc postage.
any taker?

[/ QUOTE ]

done steph - pm'ing you now
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Had my A3 a few weeks now, washing it the other day, was concerend by the amount of cr*p that was on the sill, under the doors, underside of car, which was thrown up by the front wheels. So bought full set of mudflaps from my local dealer last night. Will fit this weekend (if its warm enough!). Post pix l8r this weekend hopefully.

Did fit some to my old A4 too, made a big difference to the amount of cr*p thrown up onto the car. The A4 mudflaps are much bigger than the A3 ones I bought last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pics yet? If you managed to fit them, could you tell me how hard it is. Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi

Easy to fit them, took me about half an hour. Can just get away with not taking front wheels off, but you will need to remove rear wheels.

Not a chuffing clue how you get pix loaded on this new fangled website, old one was far clearer, this one is like mud!

If U want pix, post your email and I'll ping 'em 2 U, it'll be quicker than this muddy website is sometimes!

It says you can post pix, but how, I dunno!

L8r

Funkcat,

Please SatNav questions thread.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif