An S-Line "Newby" looking for mod/tweak advice

PoyntonBlue

Let the Wookie win!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got myself an '08 Audi A3 (8PA) S-Line TDI, in phantom black with black Vienna leather interior and the 5-spoke 18" wheels. Otherwise its bog-standard - for now!

Externally, I'm going down the lamin-x route with the black grille surround and possibly rear badge removal. Audi_A3_S-line | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Got a few queries though:

1) Whats the best "reasonably priced" black grille surround that will accept the S-Line badge (ie decent finish, decent fit) - seen online prices from £50-150 which raised suspicions/concerns on quality

2) I was sort of surprised at the lack of "niceties" like come-home lights etc that the SE models have. What are the top 5 lower-cost tweaks/tricks to add a few features (I have access to VAG-COM/VCDS). Dont mind trawling ebay etc for "bits" and will be going to a few VAG shows this summer anyhow.

3) Whats the easiest way of powering a mini-usb tom-tom satnav mounted in the bottom right of windscreen without trailing a wire across the dash - fusebox nearby - any neat workarounds known? I'll be adding a parrot handsfree kit at some stage, so would be looking to wire this up at the same time

Any other suggestions of "obvious" tweaks and mods appreciated!

Cheers folks!

Chris

(Thanks to FranA3 for the posting advice! :thumbsup:)

no probs on the advice :) , there is the fusebox on the edge of the drivers side dashboard behind the pannel , i used this fusebox when i fitted my parrot bluetooth kit , with regards to the grill go oem as the quality is spot on a few members have said about the fk ones going dull after a few months and you dont know what the cheap ones on fleebay are like they could be really brittle plastic so could break easy , debadge it all apart from he audi rings in the centre of the boot just to brake it up a bit esp on a black car

Reactions: 55_UK
When you need oem parts give me a shout as maybe can save a few pennies, deliver aswell.

Nice one, can you DM me with details? Got birthday & fathers day "credit" due shortly so may be in a position to misappropriate funds ;-)

No worries will get on it shortly.

As long as you call me 1st, I have no issue with the saving part lmfao