Aux-In Location on S3??????

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
I have just bought a 2007 S3 with the Symphony Stereo. I pick it up tomorrow. I could not find the Aux-In on it! It was not by handbrake or under arm rest!

Anybody have any ideas where it could be?

Are they standard with this stereo on this age?

Thanks

Don't think they're standard, but mine's definitely beside the hand-brake. There might be something in the glovebox - an ipod lead or something, or USB?

Don't plug stuff in? Or speak to Nigel (member NHN) about getting one put in.

Here's where mine is.
640x480P5260001.jpg

Aux in flap under armrest/fag lighter area was fitted on facelift onwards cars iirc, if you want I have a mod for that, can make 1 up so you can fit, all oem parts.

Reactions: matt_hilluk
No worries Matt, still reinstalling 2 laptops that holds all my data, so please bare with me.

Thanka guys. I hope to pick up the car today but Im sure id doesnt have one so I might have to look at fitting one like you mentioned!

The auxin is handy as you can then select the tunes on your mp3 player, but with the dock its stuck in the glovebox & only works via the head unit with no actual visuals of whats going to play or whats selected, only you can really decide tbh if its worth it.

I'll double check costs, which would cover the parts & the time to make it, I make it using a new trim that sits underneath the handbrake & I supply a new retractable double ended jack plug cable, nice & neat imho, a mod I did sometime back, pics on here somewhere, see if I can dig it out.

I'd be up for one of these too NHN. Gotta be cheaper than the £65 Hazzydays want to fit it, surely :)

edit: Can you put the port in the glove box instead of next to the handbrake? I'd rather have the port out of view and run the wire out of the glove box as needed.

Last edited:
Hazzydayz leaves a stupid jack socket hanging which for me looks tacky as hell & tbh crap, some may like but I think it looks awful, some attention to detail needed for these cars & pride.

Also he charges £80+ with vat.

Happy to make a load, just accept its not a pound job & it does take a little while to make each one.

What works best with the symphony headunit and the sat nav (when I egt one fitted)? Does any of them show up on the displays on the stereo and are they controllable via the S3 multi function steering wheel?

Thanks

Aux-in is only controlled via mp3 player, its just an audio in, but for the cost its a good little addition/mod

Hi

My May 2008 S3 - pre facelift - had the small socket near the lighter/power point as standard, never used it though

Regards Gray

Urm interesting as yours was on the border of facelift & audi are synonymous for doing half breeds between facelifts.

Hi

My May 2008 S3 - pre facelift - had the small socket near the lighter/power point as standard, never used it though

Regards Gray

Urm interesting as yours was on the border of facelift & audi are synonymous for doing half breeds between facelifts.

Mine's 2008 too, but I bought it second hand so don't know what's standard and what isn't. Also never used it.

Hi

I read somewhere the Haldex was also changed to the later one around the time mine was built. Not sure how I can tell?

regards Gray