Volks AutosChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: Aux-In Location on S3??????

5th Gear

Status

Aux-In Location on S3??????

I have just bought a 2007 S3 with the Symphony Stereo. I pick it up tomorrow. I could not find the Aux-In on it! It was not by handbrake or under arm rest!

Anybody have any ideas where it could be?

Are they standard with this stereo on this age?

Thanks
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Don't think they're standard, but mine's definitely beside the hand-brake. There might be something in the glovebox - an ipod lead or something, or USB?
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

5th Gear

Status
    I will have to check when i pick the car up. Whats the option if i dont have one?
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

6th Gear

Status
    Don't plug stuff in? Or speak to Nigel (member NHN) about getting one put in.

Here's where mine is.
    Hunt is over

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Aux in flap under armrest/fag lighter area was fitted on facelift onwards cars iirc, if you want I have a mod for that, can make 1 up so you can fit, all oem parts.
    matt_hilluk likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

facebook.com/m9tbh

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Aux in flap under armrest/fag lighter area was fitted on facelift onwards cars iirc, if you want I have a mod for that, can make 1 up so you can fit, all oem parts.

i too am after this, i think i pm'd you

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No worries Matt, still reinstalling 2 laptops that holds all my data, so please bare with me.

Boycie

Status
    Nige - what price you talking for this mod? Any point in it if I have the iPod dock?

5th Gear

Status
    Thanka guys. I hope to pick up the car today but Im sure id doesnt have one so I might have to look at fitting one like you mentioned!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The auxin is handy as you can then select the tunes on your mp3 player, but with the dock its stuck in the glovebox & only works via the head unit with no actual visuals of whats going to play or whats selected, only you can really decide tbh if its worth it.

I'll double check costs, which would cover the parts & the time to make it, I make it using a new trim that sits underneath the handbrake & I supply a new retractable double ended jack plug cable, nice & neat imho, a mod I did sometime back, pics on here somewhere, see if I can dig it out.

Neutral

Status
    I'd be up for one of these too NHN. Gotta be cheaper than the £65 Hazzydays want to fit it, surely

edit: Can you put the port in the glove box instead of next to the handbrake? I'd rather have the port out of view and run the wire out of the glove box as needed.
    Last edited by Mutsumi; 27th May 2011 at 10:02.
    2007 S3 - Swivelly headlights, magic foldy mirrors, two tone warm cow seats, beepy reverse, lazy motorway button, well good talky radio with telly & map, loads of lights inside, squished steering wheel, Milltek cat-back loud bits.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Hazzydayz leaves a stupid jack socket hanging which for me looks tacky as hell & tbh crap, some may like but I think it looks awful, some attention to detail needed for these cars & pride.

Also he charges £80+ with vat.

Happy to make a load, just accept its not a pound job & it does take a little while to make each one.

5th Gear

Status
    What works best with the symphony headunit and the sat nav (when I egt one fitted)? Does any of them show up on the displays on the stereo and are they controllable via the S3 multi function steering wheel?

Thanks

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Aux-in is only controlled via mp3 player, its just an audio in, but for the cost its a good little addition/mod

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi

My May 2008 S3 - pre facelift - had the small socket near the lighter/power point as standard, never used it though

Regards Gray

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Urm interesting as yours was on the border of facelift & audi are synonymous for doing half breeds between facelifts.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray S View Post
    Hi

My May 2008 S3 - pre facelift - had the small socket near the lighter/power point as standard, never used it though

Regards Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Urm interesting as yours was on the border of facelift & audi are synonymous for doing half breeds between facelifts.
    Mine's 2008 too, but I bought it second hand so don't know what's standard and what isn't. Also never used it.
    Hunt is over

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi

I read somewhere the Haldex was also changed to the later one around the time mine was built. Not sure how I can tell?

regards Gray

is a retronaut

Status
    It was a MY09 change.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.