Finally in an A3!

Rubber Duck

Reaction score
Thought I would say Hi, I have been lurking for a while whilst looking to buy an A3
I finally picked one up last night. Its an 05 Sportback Sport 140 with full leather and bose
Originally wanted an S-Line but for my budget it would have double the miles my sport has!
Very pleased so far, averaging 53mpg on the 20 mile trip to work this morning, a bit different from the 26mpg I was getting in my previous car!

Welcome! Post some pics when you get time.

Thanks guys, its pouring rain here atm but will get some pics up when I can! First mod will be to find an RNS-E when I can find one

:sign_pics:

well done on the leathers and bose - TDI a3 is always a winner with MPG

BTW i am researching prices/spec etc these days as im buying one soon in the coming months. if you dont mind can you pm me the price you got yours for? and what miles etc? i'll put it down as a research for mine.

well off to a shaky start, the A3 is going into the garage in the morning with suspected blown turbo bearings, heres hoping its something simple! Not the start to A3 ownership I had imagined!

Confirmed this morning as being the turbo. It is being sorted under warranty by the independent dealer I bought it off, he's been very helpful and picked it up this morning.
Borrowed my old mk5 Golf GTI off my brother to get to work this morning. He bought it off me 8 months ago and its actually making me miss the A3!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
thats lucky its under the warranty mate.

I bought a toyota auris from an independent dealer with 1 year warranty, a warranty which only seemed to cover "engine failures" and absolutely nothing else. the car's brakes were fitted wrong so due to the grind between pads and discs needed all 4 new ones, air con didn't work after first month, it needs a new motor now, had troubles with starter motor etc lots of small niggling problems but nothing was covered in the warranty :(

Thanks, hope it gets sorted quickly, I've hardly had time to enjoy it yet!
Haven't taken any decent pics yet but this is what I have so far

photo-1-2.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Pacing myself on plans for mods, will be enjoying the car standard for a while with the exception on an RNS-E

thats lucky its under the warranty mate.

I bought a toyota auris from an independent dealer with 1 year warranty, a warranty which only seemed to cover "engine failures" and absolutely nothing else. the car's brakes were fitted wrong so due to the grind between pads and discs needed all 4 new ones, air con didn't work after first month, it needs a new motor now, had troubles with starter motor etc lots of small niggling problems but nothing was covered in the warranty :(

I hope you didn't just take their word for it... you have pretty good protection as a buyer. Even from a private seller, the car shouldn't be put together wrong, or fail after a few weeks.

My dad is a solicitor and I am a law student so we looked after things lol - he did everything apart from the brake discs and pads