A3 1.4tfsi acceleration problem

paul001

Reaction score
Hi, got a 1.5 yr old 1.4tfsi 10k miles.

Over the last few weeks had an intermitant problem with acceleration, basically the cars laggy (and not turbo lag as such) when I accelerate between 2 and 4k revs the cars acceleratation is jerky and you can hear the engine reving inline with the jerks e.g. high then low engine noise. Also mpg drop by 10mpg when its being naughty.

no fault lights and both times i've took it in its been fine when they've drove it...

anyone any ideas??? Thanks!

Could it be petrol? I have the same engine, and it was really slow (as if the turbo had been taken off) so I ran the petrol down, put in some BP Ultimate and it was fine after.. or take it into Audi!

usual culprits are plugs, coil packs or maff, but on a car that young they shouldnt have failed

could be crap fuel (dirty fuel) run it on super and if still not working properly take it back to audi

update...

dealers had it in on "back to back" tests (?) and run diagnositics with Audi and Audi have said to replace the Turbo!!!

Last edited:
thank **** its a lease car!!! would be a bit concerned if it was mine!

btw colleagues having the same problem on his seat ibiza 1.4tfsi same age... however seat keep fobbing him off!

very pleased with audi looking after me!