Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Nuespeed P Flow induction for S3 8p

Hi guys

Any of you guys running these, whats the feedback? Was gonna buy an ITG but when i phoned AWESOME today to order one he talked me into buying this one instead.

Any info much appreciated

Thanx

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Ive got one on my KO3, its a good intake, main reason I bought mine was it was 2nd hand but unused. My car's making good top end and has very good throttle response with it on.
    Downsides are no heat shield included (for the air filter-it has a shield for the turbo) and the cone supplied is smaller then the Evoms one, although it sits much closer to the grille venturi which is better.
    Last edited by akash_sky1; 25th May 2011 at 22:06.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    have you had the car mapped since fitting it?

Status
    What was their justification for going this route over the ITG? Did you also get the race kit cold air extension with it too?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    He said that they seem to be selling lots of them, plus i'm only gonna be going to stage one with the car so they said the nuespeed would be up to the job. didn't buy the extension piece as that was an extra £150.

Gonna try make up my own heatshield for it though

6th Gear

Status
    daft question, just had a look at it... where does the re-circ pipe go?
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure, i'm just thinking maybe the actuall kit allows for it? If i dont like it i will be returning it and going for the itg

6th Gear

Status
    just had a look at the neuspeed site and they seem to show the connection for the re-circ pipe connection lol, it also says it includes a heat shield as well, with it being matt-black youll find it will absorb a lot of heat regardless of the shield, if you start getting an irregular idle you should stick some heat wrap on the pipe, i had to do it on my Evoms and its cured the problem... adds a nice bit of shine to the engine lol

Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

1st Gear

Status
    Where can i get that heat wrap from mate?

6th Gear

Status
    i got it from these guys

Welcome to JJC Race & Rally

the stuff is called reflect-a-gold and youll need the 1.5 inch by 30 foot roll to do as much as i have lol

1st Gear

Status
    Just found these pics of one fitted, it looks pretty good in fairness so i probably give it a go. Any idea's how i could go about making a heatshield for it?

1st Gear

Status
    Cool, will get some mate

6th Gear

Status
    the only heat shield you need is included, the ally bit bolts on over where the turbo & down pipe is so you wont need to make one, wht i am confused about is what the extra pipe connection is for, the one towards the cone and the cone does look a little on the small side

1st Gear

Status
    is it a pipe or a rubber bung to sit on top of the engine??????

6th Gear

Status
    no idea mate... guess we wont know till yours turns up lol

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    just had a look at the neuspeed site and they seem to show the connection for the re-circ pipe connection lol, it also says it includes a heat shield as well, with it being matt-black youll find it will absorb a lot of heat regardless of the shield, if you start getting an irregular idle you should stick some heat wrap on the pipe, i had to do it on my Evoms and its cured the problem... adds a nice bit of shine to the engine lol

What I meant what it doesnt have a heat shield at the front for the cone filter..there is one at the back. Heat wrapping made a big difference to throttle response when setting off from a warm idle.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

6th Gear

Status
    ah got you lol
    the wrap makes a world of difference doesnt it! well worth the £60 for it

1st Gear

Status
    So how is the pipe secured in the engine bay??? then, is it just fitted to the turbo and then rest on top of the engine or are there brakets on it to support the weight???

6th Gear

Status
    for which one mate the p-flow or the evoms?

1st Gear

Status
    your evoms

6th Gear

Status
    ah right lol
    its fixed at the turbo, then the large plastic heat shield that surrounds the cone, that is bolted to chassis... believe it or not there is a spare mounting point by the battery! and then its attached to the heat shield by a jubilee clip, its very solid!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanx, i just cant see how the nuespeed one is fixed......think this may be going back. How much are the evoms ones?

6th Gear

Status
    just have to see what its like when it turns up i guess

i picked mine up second hand on here, but you can get them from here:

Regal Autosport 2003 -> 2009 2.0TFSI (8P chassis)

they have fitting instructions on there as well somewhere

3rd Gear

Status
    Again here i would go with evoms or itg the neuspeed wants are like the carbinio (or something like that) and never seem to get the figures

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

Interior Next!!

Status
    ah got you lol
    the wrap makes a world of difference doesnt it! well worth the £60 for it
    was gonna ask you Paolo but seeing this im guessing i need 1 1/2" x 30 feet? reflect a gold? or 2"??
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    was gonna ask you Paolo but seeing this im guessing i need 1 1/2" x 30 feet? reflect a gold? or 2"??
    yea mate the 2" is too wide, its hard enough to wrap the curves with the 1.5" as it is lol out of the 30' roll ive got about 1.5' left so the 1.5" is plenty

Interior Next!!

Status
    yea mate the 2" is too wide, its hard enough to wrap the curves with the 1.5" as it is lol out of the 30' roll ive got about 1.5' left so the 1.5" is plenty
    how did you re tighten that clamp clip thing where the intake meets the turbo? i was thinking to replace it with a philips jubilee clip, that way its much easier to tighten? sorry for hijack guys!
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

6th Gear

Status
    lol its cool mate
    on that section ive always had a bog standard jubilee clip, its never loosed or slipped, why it only takes me 5 min to whip the whole system off lol

Interior Next!!

Status
    lol its cool mate
    on that section ive always had a bog standard jubilee clip, its never loosed or slipped, why it only takes me 5 min to whip the whole system off lol
    Wicked. You should have seem the guys face who fitted mine trying to get that clamp on. That's why I didn't have the balls to take it off!! So yours is a Phillips normal jubilee yeh? The one back left (down)
    S

6th Gear

Status
    haha, yea those constant tension clamps are a right pig! would never have tried to use that again

ill pop out and grab a photo for you and text it to you before it rains again lol

1st Gear

Status
    Filter has arrived, that pipe bit you were on about was actually a rubber bung for screwing kit to engine to make the pipe secure. Looks ok so may give it a try.

6th Gear

Status
    ah cool now we know lol!
    let us know your thoughts on it!

1st Gear

Status
    Well, got around to fitting it today. And i gotta say it's a lovely bit of kit, fitting was a doddle thanx to the one piece pipe section. The induction noise is spot on too, not too loud but better than standard, no much turbo chatter either which i didnt really want. Only thing i hate is the ugly fecking enging thats left on show, lol, gonna have to get a nuespeed carbon engine cover i think.

Also fitted my milltek today.....awesome sound on that bad boy. lovely burbble. Was worried it would be too loud as got the non res section but it's just right

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks good Paul.
    Have you thought about trimming the OEM engine cover to fit?
    That's what i'll be doing once my Twintake arrives.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Looks good Paul.
    Have you thought about trimming the OEM engine cover to fit?
    That's what i'll be doing once my Twintake arrives.
    I did think about doing that, does anyone have a guide on how to do this??

1st Gear

Status
    Well the dirty engine was really pissing me off, so today i got out my g101 apc and got stuck into the bay. Now the engine looks lovely and clean and doesnt look too bad now. well happy with it now.

5th Gear

Status
    You need some protective heat wrap on that now, you will notice a difference. That pipe get well hot, much more then the standard plastic airbox.

1st Gear

Status
    what did you use for yours?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Where is your battery cover? All that effort cleaning and you can see the horrible battery?

1st Gear

Status
    Clip on cover is broke so got a new one on order