Difference in weight between A3 8P and A4 B7 2.0T FSI QUATTRO's

Gouldyboy

Reaction score
According to autotrader, the A3 2.0T Quattro manual has a min curb weight of 1470kg, with same A4 weighing 1490kg, is this correct?

If this is the case, what other factors should I be taking into consideration (non-practicality related) baring in mind this is the engine/tranny I want? I plan on getting spring/shocks/ARBs and an exhaust/remap straight away, what are the differences going to be in the two finished products?

Parkers has them at 1430kg for the 3dr, 1470kg for a SB and 1490kg for a B7 A4 (all 2.0 TFSI quattro manual). Seeing as it'll all be the same drive-train, I can't see what/where the differences would be for modding. All mods will be available for any of the 3, and shouldn't be much of a change in price (if any). Guess it would just come down to availability, price and personal preference.

Hmm good points, I just noticed it was the sportback that was heavier too...

Its gonna be a tough one, the lighter weight and cheaper turbo kits are pulling me towards the 3 door A3, but a friend of mine already has this shape, and the A4 would be something a bit different and perhaps slightly better looking, although they are all great looking cars... decisions...

I'd say look for a A4 DTM then... they always seemed nice to me, just get better wheels on it. It's a 2.0T, quattro... probably FSI, but not sure.

I'd say look for a A4 DTM then... they always seemed nice to me, just get better wheels on it. It's a 2.0T, quattro... probably FSI, but not sure.
yeah i think its a tfsi engine mate all turbo engines are now i think , but agree on the DTM tho very nice unique car ive driven one last year very nice and powerfull car and of course quattro so nice and safe to drive too with min wheel spin and yeah also agree change the nasty wheels yucky lol