Steering module K or F or neither

1inchpunch

Reaction score
Local breaker has a steering module with part number 8P0 953 549 K. I checked on Ross tech and there is no K module listed. Would this be okay for retro MFSW on the car in my sig which already has cruise?

Going on the research I've done on here the general advice is to go for 8P0 953 549 F but this is listed as midline on ross tech and I was under the impression I would require a highline module.

have you done a scan on your car to find out what you currently have in it? chances are that your current module will accept the MFSW. Also i fitted the F when doing my MFSW and Cruise install. all works fine here

8P0 953 549 F << that steering control unit is definitely a highline unit that will accept both cruise and mfsw. But isn't listed on Ross-tech iirc.
1K0 953 549 F is the one listed on Ross-tech which as you said is a midline unit

K will not work on your car, trust me.

Not got VCDS but have contacted someone thanks to Nigel pointing me in their direction. I actually though it would be easy enough to remove a few panels and have a look but after crawling around under the wheel for a couple of minutes I changed my mind.

I'm getting ahead of myself anyway. I won't be doing anything about the wheel for a few months unless my boss has a sudden, uncharacteristic urge to share the wealth. Just thought I could get a jump on gathering some of the cheaper necessary bits. I'll keep an eye out for an F since it's tried and tested. Thanks for the help once again people.

K module is for MY10/11. It's the module that gets the reading for steering wheel angle from different source than F module. If your car is build before 5/25/2009, then you need F module, and K module won't work. I've learn it the hard way :(

I mean, K will work, but your ESP and ABS won't :)