ETKA

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have got a copy of Etka running on my laptop and im a total noob at this but every time i load the program it complains of not having an active internet connection, is there some way i can fix this?

also how do i find out exactly which sales type/transmission code/final drive ident i should be using? i have searched using my chassis number and i know i have a 2.0TDI BKD but which one should i be selecting? do i need to use specific types or can i just use the first option? i actually need a particular one to be able to look up part numbers and diagrams specific to our cars?

like i said im new to this so please be gentle.

thanks

If you bought it off Ebay you won't be able to connect to the internet and you can't do a VIN lookup.

To learn how to identify codes etc. click on the information icon at the top of the page (under printer icon) and then click on identification codes.

Somewhere in your owners docs you should have a printout of all the options on your car, the codes in larger type towards the top are the engine and transmission ones.

Thanks andy, i found the codes i needed in the service manual.

I was playing around with the software yesterday doing some random part number queries and its starting to make sense. need to familiarise myself a bit more with it.

next i need to learn how to get the wiring diagrams up on elsa... don't really know which part of the program i need to go to get that sort of stuff.

Just disable vin lookup etc via internet & this should remove the warnings, need to go into maintenance for EACH brand as its not universal.

Thanks Nigel, I found an old thread here that said to do that sobi just changed the ini settings to LAN which has stopped the warning messages. Just trying to familiarise myself with it now.

I purchased a copy of the new version 7.3 from eBay a couple of weeks ago. I get my updates from a US site called MyTourag.info and the latest updates will only work on the latest 7.3 version.

Free download latest version......PM me for info......lol

Last edited:
Thats not a good idea as will draw attention to audi-sport for infringement of copyright, I can almost guarantee a mod or admin will remove that if they're sensible.

Thats not a good idea as will draw attention to audi-sport for infringement of copyright, I can almost guarantee a mod or admin will remove that if they're sensible.

My bad.......I think PM'S are a better way......I'll edit it out........Mind you thou...I did read the FAQ Doesn't say anything about posting links for downloads.

Just read this thread for my own research and wanted to add something.

Even though it is copyright infringement to obtain an illegal copy, if that copy is being used for personal research such as figuring out how to do your own retrofit, then it falls within an exemption called permitted acts.

An individual infringing for their own personal study without profiting from that cannot be sued for copyright infringement.

A site linking you to how to get these downloads can still be sued for contributory infringement even if the end user falls within this exclusion.

Forgive me if this is irrelevat to you all, but it's my field so I thought someone might want to know.

Last edited: