ive been for the 'free health check' which bushes?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Free from audi.......full printout front and rear discs worn( new ones ordered from audi)
anyone shed some light on these 2 items?.........front suspension arms,rear console bushes perished.
Labour is £190.80 inc vat.

Part numbers A1KO199231 J
A1KO199232 J

i dont get any knocks or rattles from the car at all,and it passed m.o.t 2 months ago and ive only driven it 350 odd miles.

Also got 'Antifreeze level in excess of -40c

A3 2.0 TDI SPORTBACK.

Those bushes are the ones at the back of the wishbone. How many miles does the car have?

£190 labour is bad. I swapped my old ones out for modified Whiteline ones and it took me about 20 minutes per side and I didn't even have a ramp!

39946_433054388680_514638680_4828103_1165678_n.jpg

Those bushes are the ones at the back of the wishbone. How many miles does the car have?

£190 labour is bad. I swapped my old ones out for modified Whiteline ones and it took me about 20 minutes per side and I didn't even have a ramp!

39946_433054388680_514638680_4828103_1165678_n.jpg
99k how much are the bushes to buy? il just replace with genuine ones and what are the console bushes or is that them? i think i may be wrong thinking their on about rear bushes aswell or do they mean just them...are they the console bushes?

is it these if so....are they quite easy to do or any tools press etc required?
AUDI A3 FRONT LEFT WISHBONE BUSH 03-09 on eBay (end time 22-May-11 18:18:18 BST)

Last edited:
It seems they are called console bushes. They are probably gone after 99k. My ones were shot after 35k. (big brake kit :wub:).

Genuine ones are coming up at around £44 each. No special tools needed, just cut the old ones off and stick some grease on the new ones. When I refitted my OEM ones, I put them on the radiator for half an hour so the rubber wasn't as tight and they popped straight back on.

They will spend more time putting the car on the ramp than they will changing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rear bushes on the front wishbones are the ones that go. I'm with Adam, i'd fit what he has done, better turn in & straight line breaking as they keep the geometry better though you might feel a bit more road noise.

look easy on the video,i bet the genuine ones are harder to fit.......!

thanks adam,unbolt and i take it a hammer and done?

Don't think I used a hammer. I just put the grease included in the kit on the spline bit then slipped it on and bolted it back up!

Thats a serious case of serious case of deja vu! Audi tried that with me at the free MOT stage! I did another 5k before they needed doing and it cost me one hour of labour at £70.

LOL! i mean if they find something does it mean that you have to agree to the stealers doing the work? or would they just say you have these many faults... we could do the work if you like?

LOL! i mean if they find something does it mean that you have to agree to the stealers doing the work? or would they just say you have these many faults... we could do the work if you like?

they tell you then if you got a brain or half ......you take the printout with you and say bye bye Stealers 1