A3 3dr S-Line Lead Time

neonball

Reaction score
I ordered this car on the 3rd of February this year. I heard nothing from the dealer and chased a delivery date two weeks ago.

The salesman got back to me with week 35 build, delivery September, citing further delays in A3 production. I told him that I would now incurr additional costs continuing to run my current car plus a lower than agreed trade in value. He said he would get back to me on Monday (23/05/11). I requested either for them to take my car now and give me a courtesy car or give me a guaranteed trade in value regardless of delays.

I am suprised at an 8 month lead time and concerned that the dealer is not taking responsibility and simply blaming VAG. What have other dealers offered people in a similar position and should I be taking a different approach with them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A boggo s-line?

I ordered my Black Edition 3 door on the 6th of April and my build week is 34. My mate ordered his on the 11th of May and he has a build week fo 38.

Are you sure they ordered it? My dealer told me S-line was just over 3 months from factory iirc. ;)

No it has options. I appreciate that people have got them earlier a friend ordered a BE about the same time and has had it 2 weeks. The dealer will never amit they forgot to order it to me. I am hoping for some advice as to how to proceed with the dealer.