Fitting sat nav question!

S3 finatic

Limp mode
Reaction score
I would like to fit an audi sat nav system in my 54 plate A3 TDI, is this possible if it was't factory fitted?

I currently have a standard CD player fitted with climate control below, and the cup holder, hazard and ESP button above, so does this mean the buttons have to be relocated?

What do i need to fit the sat nav unit?

Will i lose any options to enable this to be fitted?

Does the ECU have to be programmed to except sat nav?

All advice greatly appreciated.

It's really simple to find answers to all those questions by using the search button.

Newbs like u and I are expected to do a little research before asking for help.

I had to do it! So get reading :angrymod: haha

Good luck

Last edited:
Sounds like you're current unit is a single din, you'd need to do the double din conversion which is a bit of extra work, shouldn't lose any options and yes i imagine you would need some reprogramming doing.

send a PM to NHN, he should be able to help you out....

Thanks for the replys guys.

I have been using the search function and been doing some reading up on this as well as Cruise control installation, but required a quick reply as i was watching a sat nav head unit on ebay that was finishing within 15 minutes.

Did'nt bid on it in the end as was not 100% certain i have all the information required to do the job.

Will have to keep reading and wait until i am sure i know what i am doing before i look at any more.

As wez said "Use the search". Loads of posts on this in here but there's a really easy to find one in the FAQ as well as this one which will be especially appropriate for you and was only about 5 posts below yours.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...7-double-din-conversion-done-pics-inside.html

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Thanks 1inchpunch for the link, but i had read that one, and it went a little off track like most threads do in the end. I only learnt that i need to get a double dim cage from that thread.. :o.k:

May I also suggest that when you're looking for a RNS-E you stick a "Wanted" in your sig on here rather than buying off ebay straight away. That's what I did and got several PMs and a good deal. It was a MK1 unit but should do all I need. Just waiting for it to arrive any day now :)