Few questions for possible changes

Shane.

Reaction score
Right definates are V Maxx coilovers & 10mm/12mm spacers. But toying with few future ideas aswell and have few questions.

1. Pads and discs are up for change soonish and have been toying with changing to S3 brakes if I can find a set cheap enough. Have done abit of research but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Are they straight fit to my 55 Plate A3 S Line, what else needs changing to accommodate and are the rears worth changing (I'm assuming size wise they are slightly bigger so would look better aswell)?

2. Gunna get the front end blown over at some point to sort the stone chips, seeing as the wings are being painted thinking of getting the indicators smoothed over and the newer mirrors with them integrated (folding aswell) How much work is involved in fitting the newer mirrors and smoothing the wings?

3. The front plate holder is a sort of graphite grey which stands out IMO as all other exterior plastics are a sort of matt black, without going smoothed plate holder is there a black replacement option or is that something that needs painting?

Thanks
Shane

1. Yes S3 are straight fit providing you have all the kit, carriers, lines etc, I have S3 rears on mine and take the pressure off the front.

2. Smoothing the wings out is abit of work and do you know anybody shops around Bris?

3. You can get an optics grille?

1. Ah good, shall prob go full round then.
2.Know a good body shop this side of Bristol done mates car and did Jen's wheels
3. I don't mean the actual grill, just the plate holder bit. Don't personally think black optics grill suits akoya

Newer mirrors needs newer door modules & a complete rewire of the door modules to allow other features to work if you want oem spec with indicators, all of which I can fit/supply, PM if interested.

Smoothing the wings is a piece of **** tbh, just remove inner liners, bond something flat to rear of the indicator holes so filler holds fast, then fill with say P38 or some filler & smooth of with relevant paper until surface you like & paint, job done.

Thanks mate, mirrors are last on list but will give you a bell if I do go that way. Coilovers were gunna be first but looks like pads and discs are up for a change alot sooner than I planned so now on hunt for full s3/r32/a3 3.2/cupra r setup cheap as I can (not sure on prices seems to be luck of the draw, had one breaker quote 1k for the full setup off an r32 seen others go for alot less on ebay)

Thanks
Shane

Last edited:
Front and back, the backs are the most in need of pad and discs changed, initially wasn't gunna bother with the back but if I can get them for right price then I may aswell (and it'll look better, iirc S3s are 310s instead of 260s on the rear?)

ah fair enough, as i know someone that may be getting rid of his S3 fronts pretty soon, if you want i can ask him what hes looking for them

Yeah if you could mate, sent out few messages on various classified pages, ebay etc just keeping options open really

Thanks
Shane