MFSW retrofit...

esxb

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes I know this has been covered dozens of times before as I have searched for and read most of the threads! Im about to carry out this retro fit but still a little bit confused about which steering control module I need to change to.

My car is a 2007 a3 2.0tdi 170 which does not have mfsw or cruise control, the current steering control module is a 1K0953 549 AH which I can see from the Ross tech site is a midline unit so not suitable for mfsw, there are loads of highline unit part numbers so do I just use one with closest par number? For example: 1K0953 549 AJ which is highline?? I want to order the correct uni just confused as to which one!

I have a mfsw and airbag so just need the control module, or do I also need a new harness? If so what type and where from??

Many thanks in advance

I had the same steering control unit as you and upgraded to the 8P0-953-549-F, which will accept both cruise and MFSW, when i installed cruise on mine. You may also need a new slip ring though i'm not 100% on that and as 1inchpunch said it will all need to be coded in once installed

Edit: too slow lol

I had the same steering control unit as you and upgraded to the 8P0-953-549-F, which will accept both cruise and MFSW, when i installed cruise on mine. You may also need a new slip ring though i'm not 100% on that and as 1inchpunch said it will all need to be coded in once installed

Edit: too slow lol

LOL tooo slow :gun2:

I did this mod last year, added cruise and MFSW with that Steering controller, coding took a minute and all works perfect.

Cheers chaps, I shall order a 8P0-953-549-F unit then and crack on!

I take it I dont need a different loom or anything then? Coding is no probs ive got full vcds

You want me to get you a price for that module?

Send me a PM if interested.

As long as you have the right mf airbag harness no other wires/cables needed. But since you are taking the control module off your car you might as well just fit cruise at the same time. It's not that much more money and you basically just fit on the cruise stalk when you take off that control module