Installing headrest-mounted DVD players

nicksa3

Reaction score
Has anyone installed DVD players/monitors into their Sportback seats? I've been looking at the following:

2 x 7 inch Headrest DVD Player & Monitor with Zip Covers Black L0203

They are quite a bit bigger than the original headrests. Do you think they will look ridiculous? The black "leather" ones would hopefully match the black S-line seats in my Black Edition.

If I do go for them, the next question is how to hide the cables. From what I can gather, removing the seatbacks is a case of brute force, and expect to break the clips. (note to self - order replacements before I start!). Then I would need to run cables to/from both seats and to a power source. I was thinking of going through the centre arm rest for this.

Power-wise I thought I would make it easy and piggy-back off the 12V socket in the centre console, inculding an in-line switch as this is permanently live (and to give control over viewing!).

Any thoughts/recommendations anyone? I have some DVDs players already that hang off the headrest with some velco straps, but that's far too messy for me!

Cheers,
Nick.

That would be perfect, if it wasn't for the 1600 euro price tag. Too rich for me!

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, i'm sure the screen you have linked to wont be too bad an install... other thing you could always do is go into a car audio supplier/installer and just ask some questions. They usually get requests to install all sorts so they should be able to advise you.

looks good, saw that while i was searching but i'm just not sure on the quality of the actual unit.
I personally would want a headrest with just 2 good quality screens and nothing else as i have a pioneer double din HU that supports dual zone. Problem is i cannot find a decent replacement headrest with just screens other than the Kufa link.