Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Installing headrest-mounted DVD players

Has anyone installed DVD players/monitors into their Sportback seats? I've been looking at the following:

2 x 7 inch Headrest DVD Player & Monitor with Zip Covers Black L0203

They are quite a bit bigger than the original headrests. Do you think they will look ridiculous? The black "leather" ones would hopefully match the black S-line seats in my Black Edition.

If I do go for them, the next question is how to hide the cables. From what I can gather, removing the seatbacks is a case of brute force, and expect to break the clips. (note to self - order replacements before I start!). Then I would need to run cables to/from both seats and to a power source. I was thinking of going through the centre arm rest for this.

Power-wise I thought I would make it easy and piggy-back off the 12V socket in the centre console, inculding an in-line switch as this is permanently live (and to give control over viewing!).

Any thoughts/recommendations anyone? I have some DVDs players already that hang off the headrest with some velco straps, but that's far too messy for me!

Cheers,
    Nick.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Nice idea, did think of this myself to match up to the pioneer screen that i have in my dash...
    found this also:
    KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - Headrest Integrated Rear Seat Entertainment - Alpine - OEM Audi 34590
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    That would be perfect, if it wasn't for the 1600 euro price tag. Too rich for me!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, i'm sure the screen you have linked to wont be too bad an install... other thing you could always do is go into a car audio supplier/installer and just ask some questions. They usually get requests to install all sorts so they should be able to advise you.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    I like your thinking! Still too much, but your link led me on to this:
    AUDI Q7 DVD TFT HEADREST MONITORS FREE IR HEADPHONES

I think they are the same screens as the ones on my first link, but they show them in an A3 (albeit an 8L). What do you reckon - too big on the seats or can I get away with it?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

looks good, saw that while i was searching but i'm just not sure on the quality of the actual unit.
    I personally would want a headrest with just 2 good quality screens and nothing else as i have a pioneer double din HU that supports dual zone. Problem is i cannot find a decent replacement headrest with just screens other than the Kufa link.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    Don't know about the quality, but going back to the first company I was looking at:
    2 x 7 inch Car Headrest Monitors Black E1082

Just the monitors, no DVD players.