Bkd pd 140 problems can anyone help ?

Whiteatom

Reaction score
Hi
Wonder if anyone can help with a problem I am having with a bkd pd 140 vw mk5 golf on 55 plate (same engine as a3)
Have had the car remapped since purchase 2.5 yrs ago all running fine. Over last month the engine has not felt like it is running right. No fault on vag com.
The car is fine if driven with large throttle on off movements but if the car is driven lightly on the throttle or on cruise control the car pulses on / off. Ie in 3rd gear at 30mph on cruise on the flat or slight decline in road it is if car does not know what to do , power on or off (also been described as bucking) This is also the case when using the pedal. If is usually around 1500 - 2000 rpm.
I have had the remap removed which has made it worse !
I have fitted new egr valve. Also tried part blanking it per a forum tip.
I have tried a new MAF sensor , still same.
Fitted new filters, checked pipes for leaks etc.
I have taken to remap dealer but does not know where to start but tried throttle pedal, still same.
I have paid vw to diagnose fault but are just blaming remap and want £1100 for new ecu before will do anything else !
I have checked injector valves with vag com all seem ok.

Can anyone help ? Anyone know anywhere in South Yorkshire could trust to have a look or offer a little direction with this fault ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Okay, firstly, was the ecu remapped via the obd port,or was the ecu piggy backed? Start with the basics. I would possibly recommend a dealer remap with the factory map to completely eliminate that. Daft as it sounds, it couldnt be clutch related or like the brakes are seized?

Common faults, maf, map/boost sensor, vac leaks, seals in intercooler pipes, n75 valve. Sometimes injectors. Any other problems? Smoke? Loss of power? Limp mode? Maybe even turbo. You should log it with vag com or get your tuner to.

Is a motorsport remap by obd and has been running perfect for 2.5 yrs. Brakes are like new all round and car has had dmf and clutch replaced not related to the fault. The fault is definitely with the engine not knowing what to do. Vw tech seemed to think to do with egr system but no difference with turned off.

Hmmm difficult to say then mate really, could be a number of things. I'v had similar problems on cars and its been fuel related. It hasnt had a non genuine fuel filter has it? Iv heard stories of on vag engines, the glowplug tips break off and cause low compression on the cylinder in question (no fault codes).

New turbo was fitted over yr ago , no other faults apart from judder under similar conditions as if car is missing. Apart from that car running good no loss of power , no smoke , mpg unchanged, starts perfect. Have done some logs but nothing standing out to me.

Okay, last thing then. We had a 2.0 sdi at work with the same fault. You disconnected the egr solenoid or the maf sensor and it ran like a dream. We fitted a new solenoid and reset all adaptions and never had a problem since.