Pin Removal

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the female electrical pins without a pin removal tool????
I have a badly oxodised earth pin in my door module plug that i want to replace with a repair wire,
and i have limited tools at home until i get to work tomorrow
Thanks

as above, use a paper clip/needle/precision flat screwdriver. dont push too hard and dont force it as it might break the connector, be patient and take your time with it. also dont pull on the pin... unclip it first with the 'tool'

Make sure there isnt a locking bar that need slid out of the way. There didnt look like one but maybe the locking bar for the smaller wires also releases a lock for the larger wires too.

Which connector is it, pin count?

Its the larger of the two connections that go onto the drivers door module. There are a group of smaller wires & a pair of large wires that will be for the current to the electric motor. Its the large brown wire IIRC. (connector 1K0 971 975?)

Which connector is it, pin count?
As Ewan says Nigel it's the larger of the two black conectors,
And you were right Ewan m8 when the small wires are released they have two plastic legs that come out with them which in turn allow the two larger wires to be removed easily,
I have just spent the night disecting all door module plugs and cleaning them as there was a few wires that had oxidised,
And still my drivers window won't work :(

ah, sorry to hear that. If you want, im sure we can make up a pair of connections & try 12v straight to the two pins? If the window works we know its not that and its the wiring side, if it doesnt then you need a new one?

audi a3 window motor | eBay UK