Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    All the gear.. No idea

Status

Electric folding mirrors...?

Got the electric folding mirrors, and they seem to be working intermittently - some times i turn the switch round and they don't move! My mrs commented today that they don't work when you're going "fast" lol.. anyone else had any experience with this, or is it something I should be hassling the stealership about?
    Red is the colour..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    Why are you folding your mirrors while driving? :-s

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Living in the stix.. tight country lanes, and it lets the school mummies in their oversize 4x4s know I don't trust their spatial awareness as they're coming toward me
    Red is the colour..

2nd Gear

Status
    They dont close when your moving as far as im aware.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    I'm gonna have to go out in a bit just to test this out now!! It's bugging me!
    Red is the colour..

Meow.

Status
    Anything over 20 in my Leon and they wouldn't fold in. (they came as standard btw, and they folded when you pressed the lock button on the fob :P )

4th Gear

Status
    Its not folding mirrors you need its those spiked things that come out of the hub like in Ben Hur.

4th Gear

Status
    Had them on my 05 Sportback since new and can confirm they don't function once you hit a certain speed, dead slow is fine, otherwise they don't function. One of my mirrors has always been faster than the other but so were all the others at the dealership when I took it in to enquire!
    Sportback

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
    Anything over 20 in my Leon and they wouldn't fold in. (they came as standard btw, and they folded when you pressed the lock button on the fob :P )
    So SEATS do come with at least 1 good thing then?

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cdb2 View Post
    Had them on my 05 Sportback since new and can confirm they don't function once you hit a certain speed, dead slow is fine, otherwise they don't function. One of my mirrors has always been faster than the other but so were all the others at the dealership when I took it in to enquire!
    I been out testing.. and it seems below 10mph they work... Mine also aren't moving at the same speed as each other - driver's is slower (slightly) audi said they're all like this!
    Red is the colour..

4th Gear

Status
    Indeedy, my driver's side mirror has been slower for the last 6 years, still not caught up LOL!
    Sportback

Meow.

Status
    lol N8, yes.

My Leon's were different speeds and so were my dad's merc ones.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    @ Adam

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes the mirrors are limited to a certain speed interms of wont fold when doing over 10-15mph iirc.

Also you'll see it takes longer to fold on one side because the angles are different on left & right, if you goto front of the car & look at the mirrors you'll see audi's wisdom of setting them at non equal angles, which to me was stupid & I'll quantify this comment shortly, they did this to give us better angles for when moving the seat & mirror glass.

But I've fitted a lhd & rhd mirror on either side that gave me equal angles without realising it lol & have to say, sod knows why they needed unequal angles, as you have plenty of view at any mirror glass position, but alas audi knows best, huh huurrrmmmm.

There is an issue with some mirrors where one mirror can actually fold slower regardless of angle, another known fault is where one mirror doesnt fold fully in & leaves it loose/floppy & another where one folds & other doesnt, these are all faults & either new door modules or new folding mechanics are needed.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    The mirrors on BMWs and Mercedes are the same (different angles). Not sure about other cars as I generally don't look at them that closely. Is it maybe some kind of euro safety borlox the same as all cars now have massive huge air brakes for wing mirrors? Not that most people even use them.
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inchpunch View Post
    Is it maybe some kind of euro safety borlox the same as all cars now have massive huge air brakes for wing mirrors?
    No mate, think about it, if you were sat in the middle like a Mclaren F1 then the angles would be identical as you're the same distance from each side mirror & therefore would get equal view from both, but as you're sitting at a different angle to one another as such then one in there eyes needs to compensate for the seated position, if that makes any sense at all, although the newer bigger mirrors already compensate more than enough so no need for different angles from my research.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK