Adaptive Bi-Xenon

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A mate of mine has an issue with his 2008 S3 (he is not registered yet so he cannot ask himself)

He had Adaptive bi-xenon headlights but was involved in an accident and he ended up replacing the headlights with normal bi-xenon (don't ask me why... i honestly don't understand this one, i did tell him to go and buy adaptive headlights and just sell the bi-xenons)
anyway now when he switches the car on it constantly complains that the adaptives are dis-functional. Is there a way of turning the adaptive option off on the car so it will stop complaining?

thanks

I think you would have to change the coding using VCDS to suit the new setup

yh thats what i said and he apparently did check it but had no joy, i dont think he knows what to look for and i am no where near him to run a scan myself. As far as i know he will either need to code something on module 09 - cent electrics or module 55 (which i think is auto levelling).
does anyone else know anymore on this?

thanks

it is coded out in the instrument cluster, minus 32 of the value that is inside it

UH you will have more issues than this, the levelling module is specific to adaptive aswell, normal Bi's use a different module on at least pre 09's, given the Bi's are wired different because the adaptives have a canbus connection, whereas Bi's dont, his best bet is to buy adaptives to resolve his issues, but finding them is like rocking horse poo, if he wants a set PM me for a price, I maybe interested in his Bi's.

Phil, havnt forgotten you lad :)

good lad nige in your own time, yeah i forgot about the level controller