Paint finish on side skirt...!

Amos

Reaction score
Just about to pull the triger, on a new S3 Sportback, when I noticed the paint on the side skirt...!

I have a bit of OCD, and it just was not 100%....

If you opened the any of the doors, at the very bottom of the door there is a black rubber seal. There was over spray on it. Also at the ends where it meets the spash gaurds, the line of paint wasnt the straightest....! I'm not sure if this is factory finish or repair....

Would anyone out there with a S3 Sportback be able to have a look at theres, and let me know...

Thanks

ask questions about the paint it could be simple thing of it had a scratch on it somewhere and was repaired poorly , lots of cars have had some paint nowadays i see cars everyday that have had paint somewhere its common to see

No..I looked at a new S3 SB a while back and the paint finish was awful. Orange peel dosnt describe it. My neighbour just picked up a new S5 and looking down it from the back the back edge of the door skins look folded round rather than neatly pressed. Black shows it up...a lot of the trouble is these new water based paints. Another friend of mine bought a new F430 in Yellow and you could dent the paint with your finger nail...it simply never went off to rock hard. EU regulations on paint and particularly thinners change by the week and manufacturer's simply dont have the time to catch up.

Welcome Amos!!

Guys, the car he is talking about has less than 16 miles on the clock, its brand spanking! It has been sitting in Belfast Audi showroom.

Welcome Amos!!

Guys, the car he is talking about has less than 16 miles on the clock, its brand spanking! It has been sitting in Belfast Audi showroom.

Could still be transport damage that has been repaired! It's more common than you'd think.

Could still be transport damage that has been repaired! It's more common than you'd think.

+1.
Over the years I've spoken to quite a few dealers that have mentioned this as being common. Most of the time people don't even notice that their branding spanking new car has already had a dent removed or a scratch touched up.

Make the dealer aware, no way they can say its not been touched up as such, make a deal based on this & you may find they will be very helpful, if they wont accept your findings & not prepared to sort something out then walk, simple as that.

From talking to Amos last night, I think it was the same for the seals on all 4 doors!

I suggested glue but I havent seen it up close and there doesnt appear to be any issues with my seals on my S3.