Gear Shifters options??

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I want to replace my gear shifter (knob) on my A3. I have the standard ugly little one on there now and want something thats a bit bigger, feels better to grip and looks better. I want to get red leather stitching on the gaiter and handbrake as well. I was thinking of the S3 one but i dont want the S3 branding.
I would like something like the A3 DSG gear pictured at the bottom but I drive a manual so something like that without the button?

Want to know what you guys recommend in sense of looks and size.

here are a few that i have seen online (some are tacky i know but still just options):

1. Saas Black with Red Stitching:
390185436_tp.jpg

2.Audi S-Line:
511b5iy.jpg

3. Black Leather
1404581902634040_2.jpg

4.S3 Gear Knob
025__scaled_600_016.jpg

5. TT S-Line Gear
DSCF0071.jpg

6.MOMO F16 (black or carbon)
momogk_f16evo.jpg

7.MOMO Combat Evo Chrome
Combat%20Evo%20Chrome.lrg_jpg.jpg

8.MOMO competizione
lrgcompetizione09.jpg

9. A3 DSG gear
8.jpg

cheers

I like the TT one and the S3 one but know what you mean about not wanting the S3 logo.

I have a DSG so have the shifter as per the last pic and I hate it. I can't believe you like it. I'm hoping to change it for something (don't know what) as soon as possible. It just looks so huge and reminds me of a golf club although it doesn't look quite so bad in that pic. The only saving grace is that with it being the DSG it means I don't have to pay much attention or touch it that often :)

I like the TT one and the S3 one but know what you mean about not wanting the S3 logo.

I have a DSG so have the shifter as per the last pic and I hate it. I can't believe you like it. I'm hoping to change it for something (don't know what) as soon as possible. It just looks so huge and reminds me of a golf club although it doesn't look quite so bad in that pic. The only saving grace is that with it being the DSG it means I don't have to pay much attention or touch it that often :)

the DSG compared to this looks so much better!
140.jpg

Does anyone know if that S3 badge can be taken out of the gear knob and replaced with something else? perhaps like an s-line badge?

I'm leaning towards the TT S-Line gear right now as its the only one that looks better than the standard... does anyone know if its bigger than the standard one?

bit odd that, thats got the top off the TTRS one, but its missing the leather bit... personally is stick to the TTS one

the S3 one is good, got a nice feel to it, i may have mine up for sale in a couple weeks if your still after one

bit odd that, thats got the top off the TTRS one, but its missing the leather bit... personally is stick to the TTS one

So does the actual TT RS one have the same top and leather? if so then thats the 1! had a look online but couldnt find a decent pic of one yet.

the TTRS one is just like the TTS one, but has the red ring in-between the metal and the black plastic bit at the top... as in the S3

thats the one! gorgeous knob... never thought id say those words!

I think i want one of those now... i wonder if it can be modded to light up the red ring when the headlights are switched on? I remember someone doing it to the S3 one a couple years back.

haha they are nice
anything is possible, it may involve boring out a chunk of the top from the reverse to fir an LED strip, but only way is ti get one and see how its put together