Climate control problems

Swanny356

Reaction score
Hi All,

Having a nightmare with my air con after upgrading to double Din. Can't get it to work when air con switch is on - Dealers have checked it and want to take the dash out to get at temp switch and they only replaced compressor 7 months ago. I originally put in a facelift unit but since having problems have changed it back to old version but both are the same.
Audi say compressor works and pipes get cold but as soon as you switch air con button its like it turns the vents off (if that makes sense).
Anyone got any ideas.

The facelift isnt compatible with cars before a certain year, around 2006 though the change over seems to vary. On the older system when the air con button was lit the air con was off & they changed it on the facelift that the light coming on switched air con on. There is a sensor no longer used in the facelift too, this is what causes the problem from what I have read. I would have though swapping back your original one would have got things working again though.

Yes it was from mid 07 the changes were made to cater for facelift climates, you probably need to do a basic setting on the original unit when its back in the car, you cant use facelift on pre mid 07 cars bottom line.

Probably have a load of codes to clear 1st aswell, they get all confused if you stick facelift in then swap it back.

Thanks Guys,

I will get the garage to check codes. Is there a way of swopping the Chrome dials from new to old as they look so much better?