iPod track names on DIS

TheAshman

TFSI Addict...
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Picked up my A3 on Friday and it's got the factory iPod in the glovebox. I've seen others on here with iPod track names showing up on the DIS but all it says on mine is CD1 CD2 etc. I've got the Concert double din so not sure if it's something to do with the head unit or maybe another issue...

Any advice?

Thanks

No issue, thats the way it is. You can get track names etc with certain cds.

Damn... Oh well thanks for your help. Had i known the Dension would have been better then i would have got that instead. It was free when i bought the car anyway lol

No issue, thats the way it is. You can get track names etc with certain cds.

Can you? How do you do that then? Are you saying you can get track names to show up on the DIS using a CD created by yourself?

If by DIS you mean the display by the speedo mine does this, for me though it's not brilliant as only shows the first 8 letters. So mainly only the first word & part of the second shown for the title. I have the RNS-E 2 mated to the AMI in the glovebox.

Can you? How do you do that then? Are you saying you can get track names to show up on the DIS using a CD created by yourself?

If lm wrong in saying dis is the display on the player then no. lve made discs that show the track etc thats playing. if that means something you what to know l will look at the source l made it from. might be the m3u file

If by DIS you mean the display by the speedo mine does this, for me though it's not brilliant as only shows the first 8 letters. So mainly only the first word & part of the second shown for the title. I have the RNS-E 2 mated to the AMI in the glovebox.

does this not show the full track on the RNS?

I have a dension gateway 100 for sale which will display the iPod track names on the dis.