Just reading on the west mids police latest appeals and saw this vvv
Warning to Audi drivers following Smethwick thefts
12 May 2011
POLICE in Smethwick are urging Audi owners to be security aware following a spate of thefts in the area.
Since the start of May three cars have been stolen from outside homes in Smethwick.
Detective constable Mark Dent, from the Sandwell local priorities team, said: "These vehicles are of a high value and specification.
"Security systems are in place, however there is clearly someone who is still targeting these vehicles.
"We clearly cannot say whether the same person is responsible for all three thefts, however they have taken place within a few streets of one another and over a time span of just five days."
The first theft happened on 4 May between 7pm and 10pm. A black Audi A4 TDI was taken from outside a house on Scribbans Close. The second theft happened on 7 May in Devonshire Road. An Audi A6 Quattro was taken at 10.25pm. Two days later an Audi A3 sport was taken from Tiverton Road between 8.45am and 9.45am, on 9 May.
It only takes a thief a few seconds to get into a vehicle. By following these simple steps you could significantly reduce the likelihood of being a victim of vehicle crime:
• Don't leave car keys in the ignition
• Don't leave bags on display
• Hide sat nav away or take them with you when leaving the car. Get rid of any marks left by suction pads
• Don't park in a dark and secluded area
• Fit an alarm or immobiliser
• Your garage is for your car – use it!
• Get windows security etched
• Lock your vehicle when driving and when you leave it
• Never leave valuables in the glove box - this is the first place thieves look