A3 1.8T conversion has started - pics to be posted

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
Hey guys and girls.

As some of you know I will be starting my conversion soon.

AMD have agreed to do the whole conversion for my hard earned. Were taking Big turbo territory and chips with added salt to boot.

I intend to post a phase by phase description of what AMD have done and what is planned, I hope to post some nice pics too - we all love images don’t we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Phase 1

Well I brought my A3 1.6 with absolutely no extras apart from the bird [cen[poop]sored] on the bonnet - which with that I lost about 5BHP.

I'm not sure you guys all rushed into buying your A3, I did - yes I regret not doing any research into the car prior to buying it and didn’t even realise the different engine models available, shocking isn’t it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyways this has opened up a window of opportunity, and I must utilise it!

Phase II

I brought some RS4 18" reps with 225/45/18 rubber. This doesn’t really count as a mod but never the less it transformed the car. Now I was pulling the birds (in my dreams and then my missus nudged me and I woke). Anyways the rear nearside wheel lasted for about 5 hours. On the way home the missus decides she wants to go shopping, forgetting I have brand new blings on, I drive into a multi-story car park with high kerbs - yes I did the worst I could do with minimal effort. I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif, grieved and got over it.

Phase III

Miltek shiney pipes. Again I another impulse buy but with a little planning prior (about 2 days) as I love shiney holes especially when they dont make boy racer drone so the Miltek was spot on. Fitted twice by AMD to get it right and they did an excellent job in the end. The 1.6 did not come with a certain bracket on the last part of the back box unlike the 1.8T so they recalled it back a week later and fitted it for free, which I was more than impressed with.

Phase IV

Koni SSK with H&R springs to be fitted by me as AMD didnt have the exact hardware and after all its easy to do the shocks. As advised by Glen hard on the rear and easy on the fronts, this should make my car handle & feel sweet. The car will then be carted off to the dealer to have Biesparth (sp?) 4 wheel alignment done.

Anyways moving on; AMD are going to fit second hand 1.8T suspension parts to my car replacing the 1.6 brake/suspension setup. This is so I can fit Brembo Big Brakes to my car. This will be the next phase of the project, so I will keep you posted.

Anybody want new A3 1.6 disks and pads front and rear that have only done 2000 miles?

Nope didnt think so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Nice stuff, allthough I don't really see the point of the big brakes in a 1.6. Am I missing the point here or are you actually going to be doing turbo and chipping on the 1.6?

synthdood, i think the engine is "Phase V" because "Phase IV" is the suspension and brakes(if i am right)

but i think neversaydie should post phase 5 so it sorts out a lot of guessing

then again i could of totally miss read the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

yeah I'm gonne guess that Phase 5 has to do with the engine, very interested to see how it would turn out though!