My A3 is now gone and we now have an R32.

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Sold my A3 this weekend, its gone to a very good home, the new owner is a member on here who did have an A3 2.0TSFI but sold it. It went to Alex with all the mods on it, KW's, FBMFSW etc.

The A3 had to make way for this

R32_1.jpg

R32_2.jpg

R32_3.jpg

R32_4.jpg

R32_5.jpg

R32_6.jpg

R32_7.jpg

R32_8.jpg

R32_9.jpg

R32_10.jpg

R32_11.jpg

This is our 2nd R32, we sold the first one to buy our S2000 and the missus has always wanted another one but in a 5 door so i gave up and sold the A3.

I am sad in some ways as the A3 was a lovely car but vert happy that its gone to a very good home so it will be looked after.

coilover6-1.jpg

coilover8-1.jpg

coilover7-1.jpg

:)

Very nice mate, big fan of the mk4 R32s the V6 sounds fantastic if it wasn't for the MPG I would of had one a while ago

The V6 VW Audi motor is cracking... shame about the drink problem.

Hope you enjoy it.

shame about you selling the audi but have stayed vag so its all good , the r32 looks like a nice one same as most other comments tho if it wasnt such a binge drinker i prob would have had the 3.2 quatty a3 but never mind eh all in good time

Already on there chap!

The R32 has a nice milltek on it, its a resonated one, the last R32 had a non res one and it woke the neighbours up lol.

nice car mate! would love one of these myself. the only thing for me is thats its a 5 door, i know some would say its rarer but still i prefer 3 door!

We prefer the 3 door but the missus wanted 5 doors hence why the A3 was sold.

I love the Mk4 R32's I was obsessed with buying one when I had my Mk4 GTTDI, loving the colour too!
But for me I couldn't buy a hatch in 5 door, it does look nice though.

I love the Mk4 R32's I was obsessed with buying one when I had my Mk4 GTTDI, loving the colour too!
But for me I couldn't buy a hatch in 5 door, it does look nice though.

I used to feel the same but a baby changed all that. 5 door hatch is still more acceptable than a saloon.

That colour was the best one for the Mk4 R32. I had a blue Mk4 4motion.

Yeah I can see how a 5 door would be required with a child
I wouldn't mind an estate though haha, a beastly RS4 avant in RS blue!!!

But why not?

I don't particularly like the styles of most in 5 door, there are a few I would consider like the Leon or Golf, but even A3's I like the way 3 doors look more than the SB.

It's just my view though, I do like how some SB's have been modded though it makes me appreciate them but I wouldn't buy one over a 3 door.

Lovely car, my brother has one and they are great but it would annoy me going back a generation so to speak!!

Thats fair enough, I bought a SB because I have a dog, and did alot of travelling etc, now although I don't travel as much now, I'm so glad I bought the SB over the 3 door, much better rear end and LED lights FTW

Lovely car, my brother has one and they are great but it would annoy me going back a generation so to speak!!

Like the 8p isnt nearly 8 years old anyway :)

Nat...if i had your car i doubt i would let my dog in it !!!

Last edited:
Love the .:R but me personally, i think it's a step backwards.

But what do i know lol.. Enjoy the V6 noise!!

:icon_thumright:

Enjoy the V6 noise!!

:icon_thumright:

And...the power the torque the flexibility and the smoothness and the finesse...
For all its faults the V6 is probably the nicest engine ever to grace the Golf/A3 chassis. We will never see this sort of engine in a small hatchback again so enjoy while you can and prepare for a life time of screaming 1.2 supercharged turbo Diesel electrics :)

It is a step back however we don't like the look of the mk5 and the mk4 is alot more special.

Nice motor - looks like you've picked up a nice one (going by the pictures).

Funnily in the Mark IV Golf I prefer the 5 door - but A3 I prefer the 3 door.

Shame it has such a drink problem - but always sounds and looks fantastic.

Enjoy.

Paul

Lovely .:R Robin, the milteks do sound impressive on them :thumbsup:

Any other plans? Bora vents? Did it come with the VW cd changer? I think i may have one lying around if you're interested?

Gotta prefer the interior of the Mk5 though, especially with the buckets :wub:

Some mk5 interiors are nicer than the mk4's - actually only the buckets tbh. What were VW thinking when they designed the cloth or leather seats on the mk5 GTi's :( The layout of the cabin is horrible too..

mk1, 2 and 4's ftw :yum:

Thats fair enough, I bought a SB because I have a dog, and did alot of travelling etc, now although I don't travel as much now, I'm so glad I bought the SB over the 3 door, much better rear end and LED lights FTW

+2

The 3 door A3 looks seriously dated from the back, even on the MY11s. SB rear is in keeping with the rest of the current Audi range in styling terms and light shape. It may even be that this had something to do with Audis decision to base the RS3 on the sportback as it's something the motoring press always pick up on.

Carson rocks

Especially when sitting in black leather S3 Buckets

Reactions: N8
Nice car mate,always loved mk4 r32's and only in this colour

LMFAO that photo is quite literally brilliant, always makes me laugh my head of, the kids got taste lol, shame I sold them but alas paid for kid stuff (aka mods lmfao) :)

The Golf always looks best in a 3 door imo, but that looks absolutely mint Robin(especially those door shuts). If I could turn the clock back 6 months I think I'd go for an SB/5 door. I miss the extra doors my Leon had tbh.

Good luck with it!