Bluetooth help.

Gregzy88

A3 Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all I have a MFSW and there is a button which looks like its for answering a call via bluetooth. How can i check if i have bluetooth installed or better still how can i install it?

Turn engine and radio on. Search for bluetooth devices on your phone, see if you find a bluetooth device. Enter code 1234. There you have it.

I've got the MFSW as well but no bluetooth. Oh well. Might just go for a parrot.

The wheel/roller on the left, beside the "mode" button, is for answering calls (by clicking it in). It doesn't look like it would be though so maybe you're looking at the button on the right (not the scrolling one) which is for voice commands - you push it and then say "dial number" etc. asasprey is right though, turn the ignition on and search for the car with your phone. I think mine says it's a headset if that helps?

Yeah i have the same MFSW, and i have bluetooth kit fitted. The voice command button on the right is another option though so doesn't do anything on mine.

Audi UHV it comes under on bluetooth search.

Bluetooth is a separate module that costs about £350. The voice activation is again another separate module (not sure how much). The MFSW will only work on answering calls and voice activation if these modules are installed. This is the reason i did not buy an RNSE! Lovely piece of kit but so expensive for all the add ons that make it worth having the kit.
Sorry... rant over

Reactions: MartayMcFly
PM me please & happy to discuss it more if interested, thanks.

Hi Guys.

Quick question on the bluetooth topic. I have an A3 with GSM prep in armrest. Does this mean that bluetooth is installed as well?

Tried to see if the system existed when searching after ignition switch on but my phone doesn't see it.

Any help is appreciated........

Thanks.

Cancel last post.....dodgy Nokia to blame!

Cheers,

S