2.0 TDi Boost Pressure

bodders

Reaction score
Can some one please tell me what the boost pressure should be on a 2.0 TDi Sport (preferably at engine speed)?

And also how to log it with VCDS? Which measuring block do I need to look at? Is it 011?

If anyone has a plot of boost against engine speed that would be great.

Thanks.
Tom.

Last edited:
Do you have issues, may we ask why you need this info?

My brother has a Golf with the same engine and has just had a new standard turbo and intercooler fitted as his turbo failed. His car has been remapped and he says it's not as quick now as it was.

The guys who did the remap looked at it and said the map is still good, so I was going to log some boost data with VCDS to see if he was loosing any.

I figured out the logging with block 011. I'd still like to know the stock boost pressure? I'm guessing it's around 1.3-1.4 bar as that's what my A3 was specifying when I logged some data with block 011.

Also do you know if a new turbo would take a bit of time to wear in and it'll get a bit quicker over time?

Thanks for the help.

Turbos don`t wear in as there is no metal to metal contact.

Isn't there a bearing though? Might that hold it back a bit for a while?

I'd still like to know the stock boost pressure? I'm guessing it's around 1.3-1.4 bar as that's what my A3 was specifying when I logged some data with block 011.

I don't know what the boost pressure is, but it's definitely not 1.3 or 1.4 bar! I would hazard a guess that it's more like 0.9-1.0 bar.

Last edited:
Here's the plot of the data that I logged on my A3 2.0 TDi Sport using measuring block 011. As far as I know it's absolutely bog standard...

AudiBoost.jpg

The blue line is 'Boost Pressure (Specified)' and the pink line is 'Boost Pressure (Actual)'
As you can see specified and actual boost is about 1.3-1.4 bar gauge pressure or 2.3-2.4 bar absolute pressure.

Been told that my brother's problem might be due to a blocked cat (a lot of oil got sucked through the exhaust system when the turbo failed) which sounds like a plausible reason it might be holding back a bit.