sat-nav

Hi mate.. From what I understand this is the older model.. Distinguishable by the lack of a "media" button, means it has some differences like not as high resolution screen?

edit: as he said ^

this will work but is not the latest version of the rnse.

look at the interior photos of the rs3 if you want to know how it looks like

ALL THE ONES I LOOK AT SEEM TO LOOK LIKE THE FIRST LINK I POSTED :uhm: GONNA POP DOWN TO AUDI LATER AND HAVE A SNOOP AROUND THANKS FOR THE HELP ANYWAY;)

The older models can be distinguished in 2 ways : part number ends in 192, 2nd button from the left says "CD/TV"

The latest model, 2010 onwards : part number ends in 193, 2nd button from left says "MEDIA"

Newer ones can take 2 * 32GB SDHC cards, plus screen is better, plus faster processor I think

ME AGAIN think i have found a head unit just a question? it says the maps are on a disc does this need to be in the unit to run the sat-nav hence while you are being directed you cannot play a cd?

Correct you can't play CD and hav Nav hence I assume the SD slots. The newer 2011 also has Glossy surround which is a give away.

New Nav is OK BUT we hate the womens voice and why does the volume always come on loud when starting up. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks pilotAudi :) think i will just get a new tomtom or snooper S600 Syrius Plus thanks everyone for the advice...

Audi recommend that you get a 6-disc changer in the glove box if you want RNS-E nav, or at least get an ipod connection. There's also an AUX plug for playing music off of anything that uses 3.5mm headphones (needs a male-male cable though). To be honest the memory cards are probably easier since they hold so much more music.