Bars either side of gear gator

b19ctr

The King of Cannock
Reaction score
I know this has been posted before but I can't find the post for the life of me :(

I'm sure someone posted the part numbers for the two bars either side of the gear surround and I need to order a pair from audi :)

Anyone got the numbers?

theres a whole thread about these and having them trimmed in leather on vagoc.... loads of pics

just a quick question on these, how do you remove them had a quick look i presume they are just pushed into place? I got some damage to one which if it aint too expensive i will replace

The bars are held in 6 places, on each bar 3 fixings, alan key bolt reached from underneath the top cross member, pretty much in the inner triangular hole, 1 hex bolt hidden by the gear surround & 1 hex bolt hidden under the climate right at the back real pig sometimes to get to re-affix.

Last edited:
Real carbon isn't cheap :wub:

Maybe but its worth the coin

DSC02008.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

it does look good and i need to get rid of the ****** piano black trim lol
the carbon and resins isnt too bad, ive worked it out, should be about £60 in materials to do the front, and about 4 days to get the finished perfect

yea same here, will be a nice way to start the internal mods ive got planned for the car

yeah defo mate what else you got planned for the inside , you know my plans cream leather and red alcantara retrim :wub: :wub: :wub:

well apart from Recaro CS's there will be some goodies from the TTRS dropped in as well, but those are all expensive bits!

yea not looking forward to forking out for it, think it works out at about 2.5-3k in parts.. ahhhhh

hahaha but your cars so worth it tho buddy , the retrim in my old car cost me £1500 to do but that was including the boot build too , prob be around the same price for my audi but how nice would that be eh :wub:

haha maybe, i dont know, 3k just on stuff that does nothing to performance sounds a little hard to swallow, but will see what happens, got my stage 2 on friday so that may keep me happy power-wise long enough for me to touch the insides haha

yea you need to get it done, be well worth it in yours, make it into a proper show car

yeah i know i need some cream leather in my life again found this on the trimmers website earlyer on i much better picy of the seats in all there glory

mr2Medium.jpg

lol i know must save hard note to self lol i want to get this done by the end of the year well try too anyway , just think i can always take the seats to my next car anyway if i end up selling this car

haha well as long as you stay audi lol, need a savings account and turn it into the re-trim account lol