Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

More questions....sorry

I need to replace two front tires on the S3 should I match these to the same manufacturer as the rears (continental sport, i think) or am I ok just putting two new Mich P3's on.

Also anyone know if this is a new RNS-E or the old one.

Audi RNS-E MMI S3 A3, DVD GPS, CHROME, MP3 sat nav | eBay UK

Many Thanks again

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banana Menace!

Status
    I think you'd be perfectly fine to put 2 Michie P3's on the front, matey, they'll probably be a lot more effective than the Conti's! Looks like the old one to me as it has the CD/TV button. The new one has a MEDIA button instead.

Paulie
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Neutral

Status
    Yeah you should be fine with the tyres, I think personally I would replace all 4 (bit OCD)

Paulie is correct that is the older model, the even newer ones have a gloss black surround too.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for the quick response, so the Media button, and a gloss black surrond is the thing to look for on the MK2 thanks.

So something like this but maybe one nearer to home.

Audi A3 S3 Media MK2 RNS-E sat nav LED RNS - E Chrome | eBay UK
    Last edited by McG37; 12th May 2011 at 17:47.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You don't necessary need the black glossy one, but yes the media, my god they are getting cheaper!

Neutral

Status
    Should I be put off by location -

Item location: -, Lithuania

Banana Menace!

Status
    McG37, IMO I would be put off buying it from Lithuania. I have heard on various forums - including this one - that a lot of car stereos on sale from Eastern Europe are stolen from cars in the Netherlands. I bought a DVD Sat Nav a couple of years ago which was listed on Ebay as being in the UK, however when it arrived it became apparent that it had been sent from Lithuania. When I installed it in my car, the Sat Nav and 30GB HDD worked fine, but it wouldn't play CD's. The Bluetooth phone address book and Sat Nav destination list was full of addresses in Holland and Dutch names. The seller at first told me that the CD player worked perfectly before he sent it out, but when I told him that if he didn't either replace it or give me a refund, he agreed to replace it straight away, so I didn't raise an issue with Ebay. I was then sent another fully functional unit the same and again it was obvious that it had started out its life in the Netherlands. At that point I knew nothing about how my car stereo could potentially have been taken from some poor guy's car! It could be legit Dude, but after hearing from a foreign member on here about the market in stolen car stereos from his country going to Eastern Europe, I definitely wouldn't buy another one from Lithuania. Sorry.

As N8 says, as long as it has the Media button, it's the MKII RNS-E. The MY11 ones have gloss black surround.

Paulie
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!