Retro-fitting a Sunroof / Roof Rails on an A3 Black Ed - Possible?

machomanrandysavage

Reaction score
Hi

I'm regretting not getting a sunroof on the A3 I bought last year, so wondered if it was feasible to retrofit one?

OR does it look a bit naff? :detective2:

If I cant do the sunroof, thinking of roof rails. Are they expensive to retro-fit aswell and can it be done by cheaper, non-audi mechanics?

Thanks

Macho

To be honest mate i dont think you should risk cutting a hole in your roof to fit a sunroof. You are very brave to even think about it! lol With the roof rails i remember reading a thread where someone has actually done it, cant remember who but someone will be along to answer or try a search on the forum.

There was another guy thinking about retrofitting an open sky (I assume as you say roof rails as well - sportback me thinks)

It's a crazy amount of work, not that I know personally but just thinking about it give me the shivers lol. I'd sell and get another with the sunroof, but roof rails can and have been retrofitted by a member here called evocos I think it is onto his grey sportback with red leathers in a this thread:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...is/116175-my-sportbacks-14-week-makeover.html

cost a couple hundred quid for rails then you need to strip out headlining drill holes and fit (you get fitting instructions with new roof rails). So you can definitely do that (and they look better imho with rails). The sunroof I'd forget about tbh mate

Dont even bother, its a hell of a job & one measurement out & thats the car ********, its not simple at all, although there are aftermarket solutions, but nowhere near as good as oem.