Dipped Headlight question

Adam-f

Reaction score
I've got the standard bulbs in my A3 atm and i was hoping to upgrade to HIDs but after finding out that they cause alot of trouble and blow the wiper motor i think ill just stick to Xenon bulbs :L ,

The dipped fitment is H7 ritee ?

I was thinking a set of Osram nightbreakers or Bosch bulbs , anyone got any other bulbs i should consider ?

While im upgrading the the dipped beam i think it would be a goof idea to do the sidelights at the same time, anyone got surgestions on what sidelight bulbs to get ? thanks guys :)

Hi Ive spent a lot of time looking at bulbs for my cars too. I tried the HID's myself but as you said yourself, it caused problems. I had error messages on my dash and although they were working fine for a few days, I took my car to Audi only to find my ECU was messed up and some of my wires had burnt! So I decided to change the bulbs. Yes their H7's for dipped beams I went for PIAA H7 Xtreme White Plus I paid 49.99 GBP and should get them tomorrow. When I have them fitted. I'll post pics up. The OSRAM ones apparantly look yellow although thats just from what ive heard. Philips Ultra Blue Vision was the other set I was considering but Audi recommended PIAA to me. The sidelights, I put a thread up yesterday as I bought PIAA H367 but theyre not the right ones for my A3 2010 model so I'm going to be selling them. I cant return them as a got them as a goodwill gesture! So if your A3 is post 2008 and you need them, just let me know. I bought Nokya H16 bulbs for my DRL's

hope that helps :)

Do you mean aftermarket headlight set, if so then advising that, could cost them there wiper motor & nobody I know sells an oem xenon headlight set for £150, so must be aftermarket.

oops :slapped:
singular not pural

I was going to say that was cheap lol , I've been keeping a eye out on eBay and set of of OEM xenon's go for around £350, Im not taking the chance of putting a cheap HID kit in and it blow the wiper motor and brill a pile of fault codes up :L thats why im looking for a good set of just Xenon bulbs

Any got the Osram Nightbreaker Plus Bulbs ?? heard there really good or shall i spend the extra and go for the PIAA Xtreme WHite ?

Have a good look around on ebay and be patient, there is always a few good deals that come up and it never hurts to ask the sellers if they will take a little less for the parts.
I just bought my Bi-xenon headlights complete with bulbs off ebay for £300. Already have the headlight washers so just need to get the auto levellers to make it all 100% legal.

I was going to say that was cheap lol , I've been keeping a eye out on eBay and set of of OEM xenon's go for around £350, Im not taking the chance of putting a cheap HID kit in and it blow the wiper motor and brill a pile of fault codes up :L thats why im looking for a good set of just Xenon bulbs

Any got the Osram Nightbreaker Plus Bulbs ?? heard there really good or shall i spend the extra and go for the PIAA Xtreme WHite ?

Don't know about the Osrams Dude, but I spent a small fortune on PIAA Extreme White H1's, H7's and W5W's in my last car and TBH although they offered good vision, aesthetically they weren't nearly as white as I had hoped for. I eventually got a set of Xenon lights and swapped my PIAA H1 main beam bulbs in with them and they looked pants, compared to the Xenon light, they were very yellow. In the end I bought some Philips Diamond Vision for about 35.00 GBP and they were rated to 5000K and they matched the Xenons perfectly. They were almost half the price of a pair of PIAA Extreme White, but they were far superior in terms of looks and also light output. :)

Paulie